TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2007, 09:12 PM   #11
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I just checked Olema Ranch's website again tonight, and apparently they are no longer requiring a membership in order to make reservations. However, they don't take credit cards and you need to send them a check for the first night in order to reserve.

At $60 a night (summer rates) for the hookup spots I think I'd be tempted to opt for the $40 per night no hookup spots.

We camped there last year about this time; Point Reyes was so beautiful with all the wildflowers in bloom. There were thousands of wild irises everywhere.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:39 PM   #12
PopBeavers

I just wanted to let everyone know I am still here and taking names.

Got back from vacation a week ago and FIL had a stroke on Tuesday and passed away last Saturday, so it will be awhile before I take the time to tabulate results.

But keep posting names of interested parties, suggestions on where to go and general availability of your time. I'll sort through it all in a few weeks.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:45 PM   #13
Scopegeek

Default Southwest Chapter

Hi folks,

I'm over in Las Vegas and started a thread some months back about the possibility of reforming a Southwest Chapter. I'm attending a rally with the Mile High Chapter at Lathrop State Park in Colorado in June. They are focusing on how to start a chapter.

I initially had several folks from CA that expressed interest in being part of a Southwest Chapter. There are numerous state and national parks that would support an occasional rally for us TMers.

I've just received my membership list and I'm planning to email TMers in our region about reforming the Southwest Chapter. If you folks are interested, please let me know.

Happy Trails!
Old 04-28-2007, 11:58 AM   #14
hal

Good job Bob... see you at Lathrop on June 8-9

Hal
Old 04-28-2007, 12:02 PM   #15
hal

Wayne in San Jose. It looks as tho you have the ball rolling for chapter(s) in the beautiful state of Calfornia. It is exciting to have someone take the bull by the horns in the bear state. If you can use any assistance, please inform the members of the National TrailBlazer board.

Hal
Old 04-28-2007, 08:21 PM   #16
PopBeavers

Well, this thing keeps growing.

Plan A is to figure out a weekend destination for the various TM owners in northern CA. After that who knows.

I have been collecting names from both private messages and anything posted to this thread.

Sadly, we buried my father in law this morning, so I am a little behind in my hobbies. As things settle down in the next couple of weeks I will post a summary of who is interested, what dates are open or closed off and some suggestions for a destination.

In the mean time, if anyone else in northern CA is interested in tagging along please either post on this thread or PM me.

Personally I am in favor of waiting until the fall season. Perhaps mid September through the first week or so of October. Many people already have a lot of plans in place for the summer months.

In terms of a central location for all that are interested, the delta appears to be a good choice. I have been to Brannan Island, but no where else in the delta. I can see from the Brannan Island web site that they have an area labeled for RV rallies. I assume that to be a group area. I have not contacted them or any other destination yet.

There seems to be quite a few TM owners that have never gone boondocking. I don't know if any of them are in northern CA. So one thought I have is to go boondocking. Not necessarily in the middle of nowhere, but somewhere that has no hookups but large spacious sites. That way anyone that is nervous about trying out a boondocking trip can gain a modest level of comfort by spending a weekend with those of us that routinely go boondocking. Also saves a few bucks to get a site with no hookups.

Other suggestions have been wine country (Napa valley), and the Russian River area. These are viable for those of us near the coast, but I have one interested party from a suburb of Quincy. The coast would be a little far for them.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:19 PM   #17
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

The Delta sounds good to me; we've never camped there. Same with Russian River or the wine country.

This campground looks kind of neat, I've thought about going there just for a weekend to get away (from the fog ). In October it might not be too hot?

http://www.lakefrancisrv.com/index.htm

Has anyone been there?
Old 04-30-2007, 07:24 PM   #18
PopBeavers

Lake Francis looks like a nice interesting place. However, it is 200 miles from San Jose (me) which means a 4.5 hour drive on a Friday night. I hope to find something a little more centrally located for all interested parties, ideally not more than 3 hour drive for anyone. However, Quincy may be difficult to accommodate.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:13 PM   #19
CAmark
Site Sponsor

Thumbs up Brannan and Fall good for Us

Brannan sounds fine to me. A weekend in September or October works well too. I am in the "non-boondocking" category but would surely benefit from trying it with knowledgeable folks around to educate and assist me as needed.
Mark
or 04 Pilot w/ Tow Package
Prodigy Brake Controller; Husky 800/1200 WDH; McKesh Mirrors
2006 2720SL; A/C; awning; swing hitch; 14" NEXEN Load Range D tires
CAmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:47 AM   #20
BrigCA61

Another option to consider would be the Nevada County Fairgrounds. They have full hookup (water/elec/sewer) sites amongst pine trees and a small lake for $27.00 a night and can accomodate a group. They also have an events calendar, so something could be arranged around one of the fairground's events. There are also other fun things to do around there, like the Empire Mine State Historic Park or Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park. It's not exactly what I consider "camping" but would serve the purpose well for a first time get together and it would be a convenient location. Nevada City is also a nice place to wander around.

http://www.nevadacountyfair.com/HTMLS/aacamping.html
http://www.nevadacitychamber.com/images/gold_mining.pdf