TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-16-2007, 09:19 PM   #11
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We are in the same situation as Walter and Debbie...one son still in high school, and school lets out June 7th (and he goes back mid-August). It would be fun to get together with some fellow TM'ers, though. I've also thought about tagging along with another rally group, there are a lot of people on rv.net who have rallies in the West/Southwest. I don't think they'd care if we tagged along.

I could check into staying at the Santa Cruz (CA) Fairgrounds if anyone was interested....they rent out the facility to rv groups, but I'm not sure how much it costs. I think they have full hookups, too. They also have Nascar races in the late spring and summer on Friday nights; it's fun to go watch the mud fly!

If any of you come through Santa Cruz, please drop us a PM...it would be fun to get together if our schedule isn't too busy.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:58 PM   #12
Scopegeek

Hal,

I've reserved a space on Pino Loop D, space 93 arriving 7 June and departing 11 June. There were only 4 spaces left on the D loop when I made the reservation. My wife and I will be going on to the North Rim to participate in the Grand Canyon Star Party 14 thru 16 June. Your rally fits right into our vacation plans for this Summer. I'll have my scope and if rally participants are interested, I would love sharing the night sky with them. Looking forward to meeting other TM owners and getting ideas to get the Southwest Group back into existence.

Clear skies and happy trails.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:50 PM   #13
hal

Rob, How exciting, I have read on this site about activities centered around telescopes. What a life, staying in a TrailManor and viewing the skies all on the same trip. I would find it difficult to make a decision, do I sleep in my comfy TrailManor tonight or do I stay up all night looking at stars and UFOs. What a dilema to be in. Maybe you would be able to offer a presentation to others at this rally.

See you at Lathrop.
Hal
Old 01-26-2007, 06:13 PM   #14
Scopegeek

For all that are interested:

I've just joined the TrailManor TrailBlazers and hope to have the membership information packet soon. With it, I will directly contact the TrailBlazer members in our region to determine their interest in reactivating the Southwest Chapter and their willingness to participate in periodic rallies. We have a fairly large chapter region geographically, which may present a challenge to holding rallies that eveyone could attend. Once we know where everyone is, we can work out a rally plan that provides eveyone an opportunity to attend at least one rally each year.

I will be attending a special rally with the Mile High Chapter in June that proposes to present information concerning the formation of a TM Chapter. They've even asked me to bring my telescope along and introduce them to viewing the night sky. I'm looking forward to meeting Hal and other members of the Mile High Chapter and I hope that we might soon be having our own Chapter rallies.

Will keep you informed as things progress.

Happy trails and clear skies.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:35 PM   #15
Walter Roach

Default The membership packet may come slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopegeek View Post
For all that are interested:

I've just joined the TrailManor TrailBlazers and hope to have the membership information packet soon. With it, I will directly contact the TrailBlazer members in our region to determine their interest in reactivating the Southwest Chapter and their willingness to participate in periodic rallies. We have a fairly large chapter region geographically, which may present a challenge to holding rallies that eveyone could attend. Once we know where everyone is, we can work out a rally plan that provides eveyone an opportunity to attend at least one rally each year.

Will keep you informed as things progress.

Happy trails and clear skies.
Thanks for starting us up! But a heads-up; our coordinating membership person has to get to membership packets periodically. While I understand having to set priorities, I would recommend contacting him directly to request expediting the packet. We didn't get ours for several months.

Because we are geographically huge, regional rallies may be better. Also, those of us in Northern California are actually just as close to Oregon and Washington, who do not have membership in any chapter. Perhaps we can organize a rally that would allow northern Nevada, northern California, Oregon and Washington an event that is feasible.

Thanks,