TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Probably don't need to fill the holes. I didn't (but I still use my now-removable awning). They go into the corner channel, which has weep holes in it already -- which should not be plugged! I figure, these are just a few extra weep holes, but shouldn't hurt anything since the channel is just an aluminum channel that sits on top of the wall in the corner, but shouldn't connect with anything internally.

At least, this is what I was led to believe from the factory.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #12
Brutus

Makes sense. The screws I took out had no special caulking or other sealant on them, so obviously the factory wasn't worried about it...
Old 07-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #13
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Thanks, Pat. Good luck with your tongue weight. Hope you can get it down where you want for the Audi. I'm planning a TV upgrade next year, the one I'm driving now is getting a little tired (135,000 miles). Probably will be at 150K this time next year.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #14
Brutus

Thanks Tim. Yeah, I'm confident I can get my weights in line. Physics don't lie... A couple days ago, I did the bathroom scale method for tongue weight and with a 35 1/4" plank (close enough), tongue 1' from the support and 2' from scale, I got a reading of 157#. This was with the battery in the back and with 2 LP tanks. 471# tongue weight no workie with Audi Q5, so thus my quest to lighten da load. Took the tanks off and got a 140# reading, so at least I'm under the limit w/o tanks, i.e 420# tongue wt. (How the 3500#/350# tongue folks do it w/o a WDH I'll never know.) Pulled the awning, wardrobe and a heavy rolled-up queen size 2'' memory foam out of the TM. Moved the cabinet the wardrobe spot, and we'll see what tomorrow's scales say...
r/
Pat