TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #11
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Thanks Bill. I did not know what the function was of that black plastic rectangle. Now I know.

RV

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #12
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany Dogs View Post
Newer TrailManor units might not have a sparker but now have the hot glow wire starter like many clothes dryers have. My water heater does not make a sparking noise and is quite silent in operation. The only noise I hear is the quiet roar of the LP gas burning.

As the old joke says, never say "hot water heater" because you don't need to heat hot water.
My post #8 above is in error regarding my statement about the glow wire. After owning this TrailManor unit for 14 months or so, for the first time last week I heard my water heater doing the electronic sparking to ignite the flame.

I stand self corrected. My assumption was solely based on never hearing the sparking sound and thus assumed the glow wire.

I guess I can appreciate the sparking sound being so quiet.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #13
terryflats

We had a similar problem on our maiden voyage of our preowned 2720sl a couple weeks ago at Banning KOA in Ca.
We had been on electric water heat in the campground for a day and the water was quite HOT, possibly contributing to the leak I now have at the hot water side of the galley faucet. I could not get the dsi to light the propane heater for the water no matter what I tried, even after running some hot water out of the tank (to lower the temp).

Eventually, I turned the 110V off (at the breaker) for quite a while and left the propane dsi side enabled and it lit, after about an hour. This is not our first, second or even third trailer, so we have plenty (too much) of experience with dsi water heaters but I have not seen this in any of the Atwoods we have had. This one is suburban. I'm not sure why the settings for LP or electric heat would be different, and have been too sick since that trip to find out. But I will let you know if I ever get time to look over the schematics find a reason for the difference.
Just a word to the wise to check both functions (AC and Lp) independently to ensure an accurate diagnosis.

Scott in Arizona
terryflats is offline   Reply With Quote