TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #11
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoBear View Post
Well, here we are enjoying the Wyoming Wind Festival! It runs from January 1 through December 31 in case any of you are interested in attending.

We are warm as toast in the TM. We haven't really messed with the water yet but we are at Gene's brother's house so we can invade if we need to. We are treasuring every second we get with our niece and nephew who just flew in from Arizona and Georgia.

We had a couple of seconds of excitement in Casper with that horizontal snow icing up the road but most of the rest was great. We have our fingers crossed for the trip home.

Malinda
I once attended the Wyoming Wind Festival in my truck and camper. I was travelling down I 90 and stopped for the night in an RV park at Sundance, Wyo. After dark I hit the sack and dropped off to sleep. After a while a very strong wind came up from the north. Every gust would set that camper to rocking and rolling.

I had parked with the flat rear end of the camper facing north. So, around midnight I gave up and got up to turn the truck around and put my rear jacks down. That took care of the motion, but not the howling and whistling of the wind. The next morning was calm and beautiful though.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #12
OneMoBear
TrailManor Master

Hey Tom Yep that's what I'm talking about!

We had to leave the dogs in the TM for a few hours on Friday. I left both of the heaters on and it was so warm in there when we got back that I left the top door open for a few minutes.

Yesterday we woke to hard snow blowing across the roof. We were parked on solid ice and the forecast had changed from 1-2" of snow to 2-4" with winds of 40mph in Buffalo and up to 55mph in Cheyenne. Not good . . .

So we wimped out and headed south. Sunny and 46 here when we got home. It had already snowed a couple of inches in Buffalo by the time we got home so we were good with it.

We drove through winds that absolutely would have sidelined us in a big RV. I guess I'm done worrying about taping a solar panel to the TM.

Malinda
Thule for our tandem Hobie Kayak :-)
120w Solar Panel - 2.5" lift 15" Marathons
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OneMoBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #13
Mr Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoBear View Post
Hey Tom Yep that's what I'm talking about!

We had to leave the dogs in the TM for a few hours on Friday. I left both of the heaters on and it was so warm in there when we got back that I left the top door open for a few minutes.

Yesterday we woke to hard snow blowing across the roof. We were parked on solid ice and the forecast had changed from 1-2" of snow to 2-4" with winds of 40mph in Buffalo and up to 55mph in Cheyenne. Not good . . .

So we wimped out and headed south. Sunny and 46 here when we got home. It had already snowed a couple of inches in Buffalo by the time we got home so we were good with it.

We drove through winds that absolutely would have sidelined us in a big RV. I guess I'm done worrying about taping a solar panel to the TM.

Malinda
Glad you made it home safe and sound. I can relate with winds while on the road, the TMs are great in winds. When I see the trees blowing and other vehicles weaving I am so pleased at how stable the rig tows in windy conditins. Overall it sounds like a you had a nice trip, great time to test the new heater. I think it was smart to get while the gettin' was good and avoid the icy conditions as much as possible.

I hope the oil filled heater worked out with the dogs and all. I know you mentioned that it kept the TM nice and warm and hopefully it didn't get in the way too much, I know that was a concern of yours. I have brought my heater into the house and use it for single room heating instead of turning on the gas furnace. On the chilly nights I use the lowest setting with the thermostat barely on which creates plenty of warmth for 50-degree nights. I prefer that radiant, quiet heat now that I have tried it.

Thanks for sharing your trip with fellow TM/camping fans. I imagine it's nice to be home...or not

Bob.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #14
OneMoBear
TrailManor Master

We LOVE the heater! Thanks so much for the great advice!

It's always nice to be home but I'm a barn pony. When the barn door is open, you can be sure I'll be ready to go but when you turn me toward home, don't try to stop me!

Malinda
Thule for our tandem Hobie Kayak :-)
120w Solar Panel - 2.5" lift 15" Marathons
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OneMoBear is offline   Reply With Quote