TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #11
Mike V.S.

Thanks Bill... Yes I keep the door closed with the help of a dual zone digital thermometer. As for the direct sunlight it doesnt seem to be the problem. The booster fans I installed are two 5"- 12v installed in the top vent pulling hot air out. To be honest I dont think it has helped much. I am very close to pulling the frige out and putting a standerd unit in, but dont want to de-value my TM. Also there is not a difference with which power source I use. Why do they cut the top vent opening so small compared to the bottom? The top is full width x 6" and the bottom is the full size of vent cover. How about opening that up a little more by using a 4" hole saw?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:39 AM   #12
Mike V.S.

Default Interior fan hardwired inside the refrigerator.

I just finished a project that I hope will improve the poor cooling from my Dometic refrigerator. Reading these posts about putting a battery powered fan inside the frige seemed good with exception to the "battery" part. I didnt like the idea of constantly changing batteries. I just installed a permanent fan inside the unit that is wired to the 12 volt system on the trailer.
First I found a 3" fan from and old computer that is 12vdc and draws only .13 amp. I fixed it to the cooling fins (drawing air out) then found that I could pull a small wire through a factory drilled hole in the back of the refrigerator. This hole is for the copper sensor tube that is attached to the cooling fins and goes to the rear of the refrigerator. This hole is sealed with a removable plug that pops on and off easily, and will allow a wire to pass through with the tube. The wire was then pulled to the rear and connected to the positive lead coming off the booster fan that cools the unit when folded down, and the negative lead grounded.
Now when I turn on the fan switch located by the sink it turns both interior and exterior fans on. So far I already see an improvement in temperature but will have to wait to determine the longevity of the fan inside a cold wet refrigerator.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #13
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V.S. View Post
I just finished a project that I hope will improve the poor cooling from my Dometic refrigerator. Reading these posts about putting a battery powered fan inside the frige seemed good with exception to the "battery" part. I didnt like the idea of constantly changing batteries. I just installed a permanent fan inside the unit that is wired to the 12 volt system on the trailer.
The little fridge fan I have inside the fridge that I bought at Camping World is still on the original pair of D batteries. We camp about once a month for the weekend from February through October.

I won't know how long they last until they die.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 PM   #14
Freedom

Our fan is on the original batteries and it's at least 4 years old. We used it in our popup before we got the TM. 2 D cells - 4 years - I'd say that's pretty cost effective. (And they are still good. maybe ge another year out of them.)