TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-26-2007, 10:07 AM   #11
FightinIrish

Actually, that was a secondary benefit. Not only have a few members stated it helps with the drafts, but due to the material of the noodles, it keeps the condensation to a minimum also.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:38 PM   #12
Joesjunk
Site Sponsor

Keep us posted on the swim noodles...
Joesjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:46 PM   #13
PopBeavers

We use the swim noodles in cold weather because it keeps the metal along the head of foot warmer. But we do not have much of a condensation problem in CA.

On one of the threads around here I posted that we were getting a draft from behind the closet. This last trip out I shortened the latching bar on the curb side by about 3/16 inches. This pulled the rear shell in tighter on that side. Since there was no wind (70s in Sequoia NP), I don't really know how much that helped.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:51 PM   #14
BrigCA61

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
We use the swim noodles in cold weather because it keeps the metal along the head of foot warmer. But we do not have much of a condensation problem in CA.
We don't either, PopBeavers, and we live in CA also, however, if you spend any time along the coast and it's cool & foggy or raining, you will see LOTS of condensation especially, like I said, if you heat your trailer. Otherwise, the climate is dry enough elsewhere where we do not get much condensation at night.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:55 PM   #15
BrigCA61

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinIrish View Post
Actually, that was a secondary benefit. Not only have a few members stated it helps with the drafts, but due to the material of the noodles, it keeps the condensation to a minimum also.

Thank you... I will have to try it out!!
Old 10-26-2007, 06:16 PM   #16
2bcs1jrt

Back to the original question, we got a 1 inch (or 1.5) memory foam at Costco and put it on top of the TM mattress and it works great. I hated the foam alone..like sleeping on the floor. We don't have to remove it but I can no longer leave my comforter on the bed when I close. I think that the space available above the bed when closed varies from TM to TM.

Cheri