TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #11
kieranmullen

The dimensional weight on that would be costly.

I wonder how hard it would be to construct a styrofoam cabinet with laminate. (that is what it is made out of right?)
kieranmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #12
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Yes, probably not worth it unless you can find one local.

I'm pretty sure mine is made just of wood.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #13
ThePair
TrailManor Master

It's funny how people use things differently. We utilize our armoire extensively. Hang all the jackets/sweatshirts. Store hats/tote bags on the floor. Hanging shoe slots for the lesser-used shoes. Hanging shelves that contain almost all of the kids' clothing, coloring books, etc. And, on the outside, shelf for the microwave, to keep it off the counter, and baskets for all those little things that never seem to have a place. I also put a few items on top for myself, like my iPad when I'm not using it, or a few other items I might want at bedtime. I was considering adding a removable shelf to the bed-side, too.

I do like the knowledge that it's so simple to remove and replace if needed, however. I'm mentally filing that away...
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #14
rms62003

From listening to this thread, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that hated the wardrobe. I actually asked the dealer to uninstall it before I picked it up. I took one look at that wardrobe in place and said NO WAY. It made the 'bedroom' of the TM so closed in. Even in hotel rooms, I never unpack my suitcase. One unfortunate advantage of not having the wardrobe, however, is that my dogs think they can use the counter to help get on the bed! (However, I have to say, it's a little high for my geriatric lab.)

For this - my second and longest trip so far - I have a 21 inch carry on suitcase on the counter next to the bed. It's doubling as a nightstand for my alarm clock, glasses, and the Kindle on occasion. And, yes, I can get 8 days worth of clothes, some of them business clothes, in a carry on. Not all women need 5 suitcases!
This is working out well. I'm doing a part vacation, part work trip in that I have to attend a conference at the end of the week, but am staying in my TM instead of a Chicago hotel. I did this last year in my canvas popup, and expect the TM will be even easier with the nice hardwall bathroom and extra space.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #15
Silverdale Manor

Default hmmmm

We actually like ours....1) it closes of the back bed and makes it feel like a hide out for our son...2) we keep sheets and blankets bungeed in place in the bottom and hang our clothes in the main and keep our first aid kit in a bungeed net on the inside of the door. It is amazing how much we can fit in it. Also we keep our bottled water in a bin under the dining table along with our heater/fan.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:13 PM   #16
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Default It's funny how people use things differently.

I really like mine. I too hang a lot of jackets and shirts and that type of thing along with extra blankets and extra sheets.

To me the best thing is I have two shelves that I hang off the sides, one in the bedroom area where I keep all my books and meds, and water and Kleenex, etc. works perfectly. The other hangs on the stove side for extra storage of smaller light weight food items.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #17
trailbiker

Shelves on the sides is a great idea! What did you attach them to? Do you have a picture of this mod?
2 Kayaks, 2 electric bikes
trailbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:36 PM   #18
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Default See picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailbiker View Post
Shelves on the sides is a great idea! What did you attach them to? Do you have a picture of this mod?
This was simple as could be. Used a mirror hardware that I found at Home Depot and simply screwed it into the cabinet and then the wire shelf hangs from it. I had used this same wire shelf in my old pop up in a different way than I use it now, but this worked really well.

I bought another smaller wire rack to use on the stove side.

I just take them down for travel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	9549  

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)

Both purchased July 2013

New bag seals Sept 2020
Old 01-26-2014, 12:40 PM   #19
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Default Here is another one I added to hang from the stove cabinet

This one doesn't fit as perfectly but I had a hard time finding a narrow enough one. I like this one because it has hooks to hang car keys and flashlights and such.

You can see on the right side I used the same mirror hardware since it was too wide to use the pre existing keyhole method.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	9550  

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)

Both purchased July 2013

New bag seals Sept 2020
Old 01-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #20
Tampajohn

We took ours out and I put it back in. Yep, we found it to be a pain when setting up, but we are on a 4 month plus trip and it separates the bed from the rest of the camper when I go to bed early. It also gives me something to hand a flatscreen TV on when I want to watch something different than she does. Keeps the sound down from the other part of the TM. Think we will use it again and not remove it when we take off on another 4 month trip. I put plastic shelf in it that were not heavy. We use it for light weight items underwear, socks, Also we put chips and stuff like that we dont want crushed. It is easy to remove and put back in. Give it a try and see what works for you. I also was concerned about it blocking the air from the A/C and that does not seem to be a problem. I also put up a small piece of tarp between the wardrobe and the bathroom wall when I want to block the light from the rest of the camper. I always get up before the wife and when I do, I leave the wardrobe door open and also the bathroom door open when I get up so not to wake her when I am making coffee. I usually check the puter before she gets up and this again helps from disturbing her until she makes her appearance. Hope this help. John