TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #11
moaboy

Earl,
Can you provide more info on the bracket you got from Lowe's?
I like the simple design!
Thanks.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #12
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

Default TrailManor LCD TV Mount

As one of the options that TrailManor sells on their option list is a mount that is intended to go over either the bathroom wall or even the side-wall of the trailer such that you can hang a flat screen outside. I purchased this mount when I purchased my 2720SD this year.

I was a little disappointed with the mount but I modified it to work for my TV. The TV mount is intended to be screwed directly to the flat screen but I did not want to do that since I would have to remove the table stand mount that my TV came with.

So I added two screw hooks to the mount itself and covered the metal of each hook with shrink tubing. The tubing is red in the photos. I can hang my flat screen TV, using the handle on top of this particular TV, over the two red hooks and then hang the mount (bracket) over the edge of the bathroom.

I also removed the cable connection wall plate that is under the sink and replaced it with a 12VDC & Cable connection type wall plate. This way I can run the power and antenna connections to the flat screen TV using this wall plate connection under the sink instead of running extension wires to the 12VDC & Cable connection by the refrigerator. I will say adding the combination power and cable wall plate to the under the sink location was not a 5 minute job. The hole had to be cut larger and I had to find a good source of 12 volts at that loaction.

I wish TM would just install a combination 12VDC & Cable wall plate under the sink, at the factory, in the first place. Since I dry camp many times I only use the 12 VDC power connection to the flat screen TV.

I also ran an extension audio connection to this under the sink area such that the audio from the TV can play through the AUX port of my car radio which in turn, plays through the cabinet speakers.

I have not had a need yet to hang the flat screen over the trailer edge (under a velcro strip) to watch TV outside. But this mount will do the trick if I need to do that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV MountA.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	6448   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV MountB.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	6449   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV MountC.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	6450   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV MountD.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	6451  
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #13
moaboy

Got lucky. Inspired by all the discussion on tv mounts, I took a large aluminum hanger I had sitting in my garage that I had bought from Harbor Freight for a buck and by slightly bending it was able to mount it to my flat screen. It is strong simple and light. And cheap. Not adjustable but close enough. These brackets are usually silver but I got a black one and it looks good. It hangs nicely over the bathroom wall-either front into dinette area or back into rear bed area. I guess if one collects enough stuff in your garage sometimes you get lucky....
Old 11-11-2011, 06:53 AM   #14
logcabin

Could you post a photo of the "large aluminum hanger" and how you mounted it to your TV?
logcabin is offline   Reply With Quote