TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-27-2006, 01:45 PM   #11
evans27292

Smile phone jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_STRONG
I was talking to Linda Hulsey at the factory, and she asked me if I would post the following question on the forum. She was wondering how often people use the phone jack connection at campsites. People used to use it for the internet, but some campgrounds are starting to have WIFI wireless intrernet available.

Any feedback regarding this would be appreciated. I will pass the responses on to Linda if I receive any feedback.

Hoping to hear from all of you members who might have the phone jack on their trailers.
here in the south, nc, and sc beach areas there are phone connections.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:34 AM   #12
Cowboy Cody

I am new ownerand (Not quit 2 weeks) and plan on taking my laptop which does not have wireless. So yes we will use the phone jack
Regards,
Tom
2720SL
Old 02-07-2006, 11:53 AM   #13
Senorsedona

Thumbs down Phone jack

As far as I'm concerned it is not a must. Most folks have cell phones and for the few that use it for thier computers, they can run the phone line directly fron the post to the computer, The money saved could put some other improvement in the TM.

Just my thoughts.

Jack
Old 02-07-2006, 01:46 PM   #14
Debian Dog

Exclamation

Having had cell phones and wireless for a few years. I actually wondered what that port would be used for. I mean...What do you pay for the privilage to use a phone when your camping? Then use long distance to call your ISP or something? On dial up? Yikes!

If you have a laptop or computer made in the last 5 years it will probably take a cheap Wi-Fi card. Seems a lot less effort.

Free RV WiFi sites