TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-17-2007, 07:44 AM   #11
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
Where can I find the amber lens that will fit the exterior lights on a TM?
Camping World usually has a good supply of lenses for RVs. I replaced a couple of mine that were cracked. Bring your old one with you for comparison- several lenses look alike.

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:56 AM   #12
camp2canoe

Just a thought as to a cheaper alternative to changing lenses - would an auto parts store have yellow (turn signal) bulbs to fit? - Camp2Canoe
Old 08-17-2007, 02:34 PM   #13
Joe

Try any RV or Auto Parts store. Per Nick's advice, take the old one with you to be sure it will fit.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:38 PM   #14
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Camper View Post
Have you tried Ed at the factory?
Uh...no...now why didn't I think of that! Of course then I would be tempted to order some curtain fabric.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:39 PM   #15
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Try any RV or Auto Parts store. Per Nick's advice, take the old one with you to be sure it will fit.
I did try camping world in St. Augustine...and they did not have them and also can not get them.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

Old 10-22-2007, 12:55 AM   #16
wmtire

Default a HUGE Thanks to everyone

I just got back from my real first camping trip with my 3023. I took it way down in the lower part of Louisiana, (this is where the worldwide manufacturing facilities for mosquitoes are located). I owe everyone in the forum big time for all the great advice they have posted. I have learned so much. Everything went off great, with no problems, due to everyone taking time to share their experiences and observations in the forums for others to read..........and educate themselves.

I had a great time on my campout. I had brought a portable satellite (another thing learned here in the forums) and set it up outside to watch the LSU/Auburn game with some of my fellow friends who were there. It wasn't long and we had the menfolk and some of the ladyfolk from all our neighbors pulling up chairs. Even the Park Ranger stopped by to get updates. It turned into a tailgate party. Those folks down there REALLY take LSU football serious.

Thanks again to everyone........and I will have to definitely get some yellow lenses if I am going to camp more in south Louisiana. I had left my outside light on and it attracted mosquitos thick enough that I had to take a bat to knock them away. These skeeters were so tough down there that one of em even pulled a knife on me.

OK, I may be exaggerating that a little, but several of them did have tattoos and were smoking Marlboros.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:32 AM   #17
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

LOL...I know what you mean...........their cousins live in my hood and give it a bad name.

Glad you had fun though. TM factory in Tn. sells them for 1.10. I bought 3 and 3 yards of curtain fabric....shipping was about 9.00. I guess it would be less without the weight of the fabric. For what it is worth...I took a clear lens to CW and stood there while we went through the catalog and they did not have them and told me they could not get them.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:07 AM   #18
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

We use these hunting...we have the individual ones with the fabric sleeve and just attach them to our back packs. We also recently purchased the type that will stand on a table but have not used it yet.

http://www.mosquitorepellent.com/

Old 10-22-2007, 11:06 AM   #19
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Default Replacement lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
Where can I find the amber lens that will fit the exterior lights on a TM?
Try this company: http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-lights/11883.htm. I have purchased new amber and red lens for my trailer and they work correctly. The company has a comprehensive selection of RV parts, priced reasonably, and are reputable in their dealings with me.

While the lens I included in the webpage above works on my present trailer, you may need a different shaped lens. Just search their web catalog. If you have difficulty finding it on their web catalog, try the light manufacturer, Bargman, at: http://www.bargman.com/Lights/index.html. Locate the part number of your light lens, then go to PPL and search with the Bargman part number.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:09 AM   #20
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I owe everyone in the forum big time for all the great advice they have posted. I have learned so much. Everything went off great, with no problems, due to everyone taking time to share their experiences and observations in the forums for others to read..........and educate themselves.

Thanks again to everyone........and I will have to definitely get some yellow lenses if I am going to camp more in south Louisiana. I had left my outside light on and it attracted mosquitos thick enough that I had to take a bat to knock them away. These skeeters were so tough down there that one of em even pulled a knife on me.

OK, I may be exaggerating that a little, but several of them did have tattoos and were smoking Marlboros.

Bobby,

Glad everything went well. And with your tire expertise and advice given many times on this forum, you have probably given more great information than you have recieved.

I got some amber bulbs from the local auto parts store for our outside lites....they work for these northern skeeters. When winter time comes, I just change the bulb back to white.

Tthe skeeters around here no longer smoke Marlboros......they have switched to low tar and nicotine brands. I kinda hate that.....probably means they will be around longer.

Chap