TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-11-2016, 08:18 AM   #11
ThePair
TrailManor Master

You can also go crazy and do the "Ultimate water transfer bridge" modification that some of us have done: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=10458

I did that, plus added a hose port onto the hot water heater drain. This lets me fill both hot and cold sides with the shells closed (albeit longer than it takes some going through the fresh drain). It also allows very easy filling of the tank when empty, without needed to lift and pour anything, using the on-board pump.

There's a 'hidden' mode if you choose this route, one that needs an addition to the bridge, that will allow you to use any tank in place of the on-board tank. So, you can fill one of those large 40 gal bladders, and then use that directly without having to transfer the water first. I didn't do this mod, because (a) I thought of it later, and (b) I don't have a case-use need for it. But, someone with, say, an on-demand hot water heater, who is camping without water hookups, might want a large bladder as a water tank, and this is possible.

Just letting you know all the options!
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 04:15 PM   #12
flipflop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany Dogs View Post
I have a few ways to fill my 20 gallon tank depending on the length of stay or other conditions. For outings that I expect to fill the tank more than three times I have a SurFlow that I mount next to the filler cap and the suction hose is like 3' long that attaches to a 3/4" PVC pipe about 2' long. I fill up the 6 gallon jugs and carry them to the trailer, put them on the ground and then stick the PVC pipe into the water jug. The output of the pump goes into the filler cap of the trailer.

But here is the other method Bill might be interested in. Camp World sells that 40 gallon water bladder thing that looks like a mini water bed. I put that on top of the truck and just run a white hose to the TrailManor filler cap. Most times the height of the bladder is higher than the filler cap and I let gravity just fill up the tank. Most times I do this without standing there and do inside things like getting dinner ready. I watch the water tank level from the inside.
I bought a 45 gallon bladder from Camping World http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...FZA1aQod2YYFUg and a Shurflo water pump
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ter-pump/49007. I think I can run the Shurflo from my jumppack, jumppack recharges in the truck from the inverter or in the trailer from the generator.

The plan is for snowbirding/boondocking in AZ and CA this winter to leave the trailer out in the boonies, haul the sewage in a Thetford tote to town, return with fresh water/propane/groceries. I bought an LP conversion kit for the Honda EU2000i generator, so no more gas cans.

I'll do that simple mod to the fresh drain to fill up when closed up. I guess you move the overflow tube to the city water inlet? Drill a hole for it there?

Also looking at a locking cover for the fresh tank fill inlet like this https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../CAM37102.html Seems easy to install without cutting a square hole in the trailer like other locking covers, can put a padlock on it.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:28 PM   #13
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany Dogs View Post

But here is the other method Bill might be interested in. Camp World sells that 40 gallon water bladder thing that looks like a mini water bed. I put that on top of the truck and just run a white hose to the TrailManor filler cap. Most times the height of the bladder is higher than the filler cap and I let gravity just fill up the tank. Most times I do this without standing there and do inside things like getting dinner ready. I watch the water tank level from the inside.
Cool. Learn something new everyday.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:53 PM   #14
flipflop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey'sMom View Post
Cool. Learn something new everyday.
That bladder folds up so small it fits into a 45qt ziploc bag.