TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #11
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Ok but when did you purchase because that is the date they use? Also if you haven't I have found when dealing with companies sometimes if it is out of warranty they will take care of obvious MFGs defects or at least offer a big discount.

Just a suggestion but if you was going to try you would want to before you attempt a repair.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #12
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
BTW...........I'm not sure that the toilet seat is polyethylene. To be honest.....I don't know what it is. Someone else said that it is polyethylene and I guess that I just took his word for it.
I was told by a Thetford engineer from the "Electra Magic lab" in Michigan that it is polyethylene.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #13
Goodyear Travels

We bought the trailer in 9/06. I'll probably not ask Thetford to warrant the cover when it's a year past the warranty period. If it's a defect -- it's probably a defect that we all share. The material is just very thin on the top and that's probably the way the mold was constructed.
Others have already discovered cracks in their own toilet covers (beneath the toilet seat).

And, I have to pull the toilet anyway to rebuild the slide-EZ valve. I'll have the cover reinforced on the back side by the plastics guy for $40 or so $$, and it'll be better than new. At least that's my hope!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #14
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We have recently developed a very slight crack too, on the side next to the shower. I think we're going to go with the bigger bumper approach. Our lid is cracked too. I'm trying to think out something to replace the lid that will be sturdier so we can sit on the Thetford with the lid closed.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #15
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
I'm trying to think out something to replace the lid that will be sturdier so we can sit on the Thetford with the lid closed.
You could cut and fasten some sort of cushion or foam to the underside of the lid. That way, the load from someone sitting on the lid will be transferred to the toilet seat. Whatever you use you must be sure it is not hygroscopic (absorbs moisture). That would be a disaster. I would probably start with a sheet of foam insulation from a home improvement store.

Alternatively, you could clip a mirror somehow so that it is above the existing mirror. Then you can look in the mirror in the bathroom standing up.

Dave
Old 09-16-2010, 07:32 AM   #16
Tom-417

No we are not new to the great world of camping. In fact we had been out 5 days about 3 weeks earlier. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't drain the gray water completely at the end of that trip closing the slide valve to quick.

My regulator was leaking and I couldn't use any propane this last trip. That's why we had no hot water or scrambled eggs and had to have microwave waffles every morning.

A couple of months ago we had a bozo climb our privacy fence and vandalize our TM. DW heard the noise outside and peeked out the window. She began screaming and scared him over the back fence but not before he broke the door, door window and threw the microwave outside. He threw the grates off the stove and I still can't find one of them. He was trying to tear the tanks off the tongue when DW saw him. The police caught him on the next street over. He had kicked the door of an 80 year old lady and locked her in a room and was proceeding to trash her house. He was on drugs and out of his gourd.

I straightened up the tanks and used them the trip before but I guess the regulator suffered more than I thought.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:09 AM   #17
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

That is a major bummer about the vandal. Hopefully your insurance picked up most of the bill......

An easy way to tell for certain how much water is in your gray water tank -- fill your fresh water tank, and draw water from it exclusively while camping. Don't even hook up city water. Our fresh water tank is 20 gal, so when it is empty, I know there are only 20 gallons in the the gray tank. I then fill the fresh water tank half full, and when I use it all, I know the gray water tank is full.

Dave
Old 09-16-2010, 12:11 PM   #18
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
That is a major bummer about the vandal. Hopefully your insurance picked up most of the bill......

An easy way to tell for certain how much water is in your gray water tank -- fill your fresh water tank, and draw water from it exclusively while camping. Don't even hook up city water. Our fresh water tank is 20 gal, so when it is empty, I know there are only 20 gallons in the the gray tank. I then fill the fresh water tank half full, and when I use it all, I know the gray water tank is full.

Dave
That works for most people.

I have a 40 gallon fresh tank and I think the grey tank is 32 gallons. If I pumped it all, then I ought to have 8 gallons in the tub/shower.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #19
Tom-417

Thanks ShrimpBurrito, that is a good suggestion I probably never would have thought of.

I never notified my insurance company because I was able to fix things myself. But I am considering it because I am worried how much this propane regulator is going to cost.

Tom