TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
BabyTM

Thanks all for your great replies/ideas. My mom (75 y/o) camps with us on the weekends and is disabled. Long walk to restrooms. No sewer at campground. Will use a tote instead, it seems to be the better option.

Don't like the Thetford toilet...the idea creeps me out... Has anyone installed a regular rv toilet that uses little water to flush?

For the campgrounds with sewer, connecting directly to sewer? With campgrounds without sewer, connecting directly to tote??

P.S. Anything to make mom life easier...
Old 02-13-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTM View Post
Thanks all for your great replies/ideas. My mom (75 y/o) camps with us on the weekends and is disabled. Long walk to restrooms. No sewer at campground. Will use a tote instead, it seems to be the better option.

Don't like the Thetford toilet...the idea creeps me out... Has anyone installed a regular rv toilet that uses little water to flush?

For the campgrounds with sewer, connecting directly to sewer? With campgrounds without sewer, connecting directly to tote??

P.S. Anything to make mom life easier...
Baby TM, check out the thread: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=6551 ......yendor did an excellent job of installing a regular rv toilet. As you will see, I am 1 that questioned why you would need to do that, but now understand that the Thetford is not for everyone. But that said, in reading your posts, I am not sure that you are still exactly sure how the Thetford functions. Check out threads on the Thetford, and ask plenty of questions on this forum, as I know that there are members that will be anxious to help you.

If you think about how the Thetford works everytime you use it, I guess it could "creep" some people out. But those of us that use them, find it very functional in its design......it doesn't use valuble water while boondocking, and with the right chemicals, it doesn't smell.

Chap

Oops, I think Bill and I were posting about the same time about asking plenty of questions.