TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-30-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Our TM is insured with State Farm. The manufacturer, model, and price paid for the TM were parts of the application for insurance. The body style is listed on the policy declaration page as TRL TRVL. When the policy was mailed to us, it was accompanied by a check for 20% of what we had paid. My notes of the call to the agent's office re the refund: "20% reduction because it is not a travel trailer; i.e. you cannot step inside it without putting it up."
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:08 PM   #2
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcassel View Post
Our TM is insured with State Farm. The manufacturer, model, and price paid for the TM were parts of the application for insurance. The body style is listed on the policy declaration page as TRL TRVL. When the policy was mailed to us, it was accompanied by a check for 20% of what we had paid. My notes of the call to the agent's office re the refund: "20% reduction because it is not a travel trailer; i.e. you cannot step inside it without putting it up."
By your agent's definition, a HI-LO isn't a travel trailer, either. Our TrailManor is insured with State Farm, too, as a travel trailer (their call, not mine or my agent's). I'd sooner know I've got adequate coverage, than to find out later that I don't because someone was wrong. Notice that your policy says "Travel Trailer," regardless of what your agent - disregarding the policy - told you.

But, that's just my two cents - at best.

Happy Camping!
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote