TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-29-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
BGR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
The switch activation method you describe is new to me. In older TMs, the switch was located in the top of the lower rear bathroom wall, and was activated when the upper wall was stood up. However, it was sometimes subject to the exact problem you describe. In that case, the fix was to move the switch upward by a small amount. This can be done by loosening the ring nut around the neck of the switch, pulling the switch up a bit, and retightening the nut.

I think the point is that the switch can be moved a bit if that will help the situation.

Bill
Thanks for the switch description Bill.

At some point TM must have changed the design. The switch is located under the bed slide out opposite the bathroom wall. The button is facing forward and the wires are connected inside the rear storage compartment. The bracket is fastened to the under side of the bed. The problem is that the rear bed can be pulled out too far which bends the L bracket when it hits the switch. I bent the bracket back but it is still not reliable because there is only one latch in the center of the rear bed and as a result the bed can pivot when occupied which causes intermittent operation. The schematic shows the LP/CO alarm board is also connected to this circuit so I am hesitant to modify it and assume the liability. The trailer is fully insured and any modification may result in a loss of coverage so i will have to call the factory and see what they recommend.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #2
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR123 View Post
Thanks for the switch description Bill.

At some point TM must have changed the design. The switch is located under the bed slide out opposite the bathroom wall. The button is facing forward and the wires are connected inside the rear storage compartment. The bracket is fastened to the under side of the bed. The problem is that the rear bed can be pulled out too far which bends the L bracket when it hits the switch. I bent the bracket back but it is still not reliable because there is only one latch in the center of the rear bed and as a result the bed can pivot when occupied which causes intermittent operation. The schematic shows the LP/CO alarm board is also connected to this circuit so I am hesitant to modify it and assume the liability. The trailer is fully insured and any modification may result in a loss of coverage so i will have to call the factory and see what they recommend.

Interesting thread. Not sure why the factory would have changed the switch position. The switch located under the bathroom wall is not affected by the position of the bed or its occupants.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #3
BGR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
Interesting thread. Not sure why the factory would have changed the switch position. The switch located under the bathroom wall is not affected by the position of the bed or its occupants.
I have never seen the original bathroom wall activated switch position. Does anyone have a picture of this?
Old 06-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR123 View Post
The problem is that the rear bed can be pulled out too far which bends the L bracket when it hits the switch.
This may be the problem, rather than a switch problem. In my TM, the back bed comes to a hard THUMP stop when pulled out. It won't go any further. My TM is not here, and I can't remember what kind of stop is used, but there is no doubt that it works solidly. Can you figure out what is supposed to stop your bed, and why it isn't doing it?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:31 PM   #5
Padgett
TrailManor Master

This is the one on 5757, how is it different from others ?

BTW I suspect this is to keep incadescent bulbs from burning things if on when closed. LEDs might reduct this issue. I suspect one of the most important discoveries of the last century was cold light.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bedswitch.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	10142  
Old 06-29-2014, 10:47 PM   #6
BGR123

I just found out why the hot water heater did not fire on propane when I checked the trailer before the maiden voyage. I had to jump the switch on the bed at the camp site to get the lights to work and according to the schematic the hot water heater ignition is on that circuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
This may be the problem, rather than a switch problem. In my TM, the back bed comes to a hard THUMP stop when pulled out. It won't go any further. My TM is not here, and I can't remember what kind of stop is used, but there is no doubt that it works solidly. Can you figure out what is supposed to stop your bed, and why it isn't doing it?

Bill
Bill, The rear bed on my TM stops when it hits the seal along the bottom of the rear shell. However the seal is thick and rubbery so the bed can over travel a bit. That little bit of over travel is what I think caused the bracket to bend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
This is the one on 5757, how is it different from others ?

BTW I suspect this is to keep incadescent bulbs from burning things if on when closed. LEDs might reduct this issue. I suspect one of the most important discoveries of the last century was cold light.
Padgett, thanks for chiming in. I have not seen the various ways that TM activates the switch and yours is very different from mine. You are right, the switch is intended to shut the lights off for the reason you mentioned but it also shuts off some other things for additional safety and perhaps to prevent the battery from being drained while in storage.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TMDC.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	10144  
Old 06-30-2014, 04:36 AM   #7
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

BGR123,

I have a 2013/2619 and I have the bathroon tub base switch. I wonder why there are different locations for the switch?

Kidkraz
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:16 AM   #8
Padgett
TrailManor Master

King vs Queen models ? Schematic appears the same as mine.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:32 AM   #9
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

My 2014 2922 is not the same as the 2013--it was the one near the shower. I have no idea where the one is on the 2014. I have looked for it, but can't seem to locate it, but notice that both sided need the slide lock engaged for it to work. The 2013 only had a lock on the side by the shower. Any ideas of where it is on this model?
MarkoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #10
BGR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoPolo View Post
My 2014 2922 is not the same as the 2013--it was the one near the shower. I have no idea where the one is on the 2014. I have looked for it, but can't seem to locate it, but notice that both sided need the slide lock engaged for it to work. The 2013 only had a lock on the side by the shower. Any ideas of where it is on this model?
This picture shows how the switch on my TM is operated and where the rear bed latch is located.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TMSW.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	10148