TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
Like2Ride

Default Battery Box Drain

I discovered during hurricane Irene that my battery was flat out, so I had to get a new one. Got a group 29, and of course it did not fit in the battery box. I purchased a new MTS battery box http://www.adventurerv.net/vented-ba...te-p-4084.html
which appears to be the same manufacturer as TM uses. The interesting part was when I removed the original battery box, it had a drain (same as the new one). The hole for the drain was half cut out and a screen installed over the hole. So why install a screen in a hole that does not go through to the outside? I assume it is just part of the very poor Quality Control at Trailmanor. Maybe they figure if the battery ever leaks, then the battery acid will make it's own hole. Maybe the dealer was supposed to finish cutting the hole when they installed the battery. All you guys that have changed your batteries - do you have a drain to the exterior? My vent on top is the same so there is no issue there.

BTW - I did look ro see if there was a Trojan battery dealer nearby, and the Trojan website listed a place in Russia as the closest.

Tags
battery box, battery drain hole