TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #16
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
I too agree you need the right tools for this job. Nice job, Wayne. For those that don't have Wayne's handiness, I use a pair of vise grips clamped onto a metal tent stake to pull the clips out. To push them back in, I use a long (about 18" long) and wide flat screw driver and tap them in with a hammer. I have removed the toilet probably a half dozen times, and have found this method works great.

Dave
I'm wondering if they didn't change something in the design of the toilet after '98 (those tools were used on my '98 2720). I haven't trie them on my 2004 yet.

There was only a 1/2" gap between the floor and the bottom edge of the toilet housing. The clip top (where I had to tap the clip in) is 1" off of the floor and 3 1/4" in and it had to be pushed straight in ~1.5". The clip is on a slide and as it is pushed in, the end of the slide becomes an obstacle. With that extreme angle up, I could not get to the end of the clip with a screw driver much less push it in. That's why I made that tool. I laid the tool down sideways on the floor, slid it in and turned it up 90 degrees. It touched the end of the clip perfectly. When I tapped the end of the tool, the clip slid all the way in perfectly. I even took the toilet back out and tightened the retaining nuts tighter.