TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #11
Redhawk

If it helps, I use a Reese Pro WDH with 1200lb bars and my 2619 has a swing tongue. eTrailer has them on line along with a wide selection of others that I suspect will work as Bill says.....
I also use air bags to level the truck when i take my ATV along in the bed of the Tundra.

I'm not sure if I believe that leveling the truck does not put at least put most of the weight back on the front axle. Seems like it has to. It feels like it does when I drive it, and I use one less link on the WDH hitch when I use the 2 together. After leveling the truck with the air bags and ATV in the bed. There is only a small amount of sag when I put the TM on the WDH hitch. The tension on the bars is very light. Maybe I have too much air in the bags, but it seems silly to me to let air out just so I can relevel it with the WDH. I admit, I don't have a complete understanding how the 2 systems interact with each other.....so go easy on me.

Tags
advice