TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
MaxDog

Angry Electrical system has gone haywire!!!!

Over the July 4th weekend, we took our '07 3023 out for our first camping trip of '08. Even though we were at beautiful Bryce Canyon, Utah, we had very stange electrical system problems.

1. We hooked up to the RV park's shore power, 30 amp plug in.
2. The A/C and the electrical outlets inside the TM worked just fine and properly drew power from the park's shore power (thank god we could still use the coffee maker).
3. For some reason the TM batteries would not accept a charge from the shore power.
4. Also, the shore power was not able to power the 12 volt accessories (i.e. the interior lights, the roof fan, the radio, the toilet pump, the refrigerator, etc.). Any use of these accessories drew power directly from the batteries which were draining, and not being recharged by the shore power. The refrigerator also would not draw power from the RV park. It would only draw power from the batteries. Thankfully were able to get it to work using propane.
5. We do have a factory mounted solar panel, which was charging the batteries during the day (when it wasn't raining, and it rained alot).
6. I checked all of the fuses and breakers in the panel. All of the fuses were ok, including the two reverse polarity fuses. One of the 20 amp breakers was tripped, but after I reset the 20 amp breaker, the problems continued.
7. I also checked the 30 amp fuse inside the battery box. The fuse was fine.
8. The batteries will still not accept a charge from my house. And the refrigerator still wont run on the power from my house.

So we were left in the dark during the two nights of our trip because the batteries had run down. But we had outlets and A/C that worked perfectly.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? The dealer is over 200 miles away, I'd musch rather fix this myself. The dealer couldn't tell me what else to check other than the fuses and breakers as described above. Please help. Thanks.