TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
jimwilly

Default Thetford toilet dump valve repair

I think I have a problem with the Thetford toilet when emptying the tank. The last two times we have had the camper out I have not heard the 'whoosh' when I pull the lever at the base of the toilet. Nothing happens!

However, when I pull the valve outside the camper to dump into the sewer connection the tank empties!.

I am of the opinion the lever inside the camper does nothing when I pull it....in other words 'it ain't working'. When I go to charge the toilet I believe the chemical I use along with the water to charge it goes all the way to the outside valve, which explains why it takes an abnormally long time to fill the tank to the green charge position.

My question is two fold. Do you think I am correct in my assesment of the problem?

How would one go about repairing the broken lever in the Thetford, short of taking it to the dealer? Are they difficult to take loose and inspect for internal damage? Has anyone done this before? How difficult a task is it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
jimwilly is offline   Reply With Quote