TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2003, 01:51 PM   #1
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Gap 'Tween Fwd Shell Seal/Aft Roof

Lookin' for some help here!

A was looking at my TM from a distance, and the forward shell seemed to slope downward from back to front. So, I checked the other side and it appeared NOT to slope.

Grabbed the tall step ladder and inspected the curbside of the forward shell where it rests on the aft shell to form seal #1 of the outer/inner shell double seal.

At the corner, where froward shell makes a 90 deg turn toward the ground, there is a 1.5 inch gap. The gap decreases linearly towrd the center of the roof. It's in full contact about 2/3 of the way toward the center of the roof!

Question: How do I adjust the roof. I'm guessing the bolts in the lift arm that secure the torsion rod must be loosened and the roof allowed to settle (lift arm moves down on torsion rod) to the correct height.

I've been wrong before when assuming the obvious is correct. Anyone with experience?

Happytrails ??, anybody. There must be a correct way to support the roof so it doesn't drop too far, creating a new problem.

Thanks. Next stop, if no experts - Jimmah!

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote