TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
sunliner

Default Blazer vs Sienna for towing?

Hi all,

My wife and I are shopping for our first camper and are very impressed with TM so far. We went to a dealer and walked through several and are contemplating the 2720SL. I'd like to get some input on tow vehicles.
Our two options are:
1. My 1997 Chevy Blazer. It's rated for at least 4500 lbs-maybe 5500; I have to check my axle ratio. I'm the original owner and have done all the maintenance; truck is in good shape, but it does have 135K miles on it.
2. Wife's 2004 Toyota Sienna. Tow rating is 3500 and I've heard mixed reviews so far about towing close to the rating. I'm thinking that since the TM folds down and doesn't have as much aerodynamic drag as other campers, maybe handling won't be so bad (?)

We will most likely be limiting our excursions to the "flatlands" here in Florida, maybe into Mississippi or Texas. Will be a while before I'm brave enough to drag anything into the mountains. Figuring in all this, what would you guys tow with?
Thanks for reading!
-Mike