TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2002, 08:52 AM   #1

Default Newbie Questions

Am so glad to have found this site and have read some of the Posts. Hope to eventually read all available. Really good info.

In the past I have been strictly a Class A Motorhome owner. Have never towed a trailer for any length of time, with the exception of boat trailers, and towing a small car with MH.

From reading the different posts on the board I am getting a little apprehensive toward the Maintenance Etc. of owning a TM. By the way the Wife and I are Senior Citizens (early 70's), still active and in good health.

I suppose what I want is assurance that we can handle
all that goes with being a TM owner.

I'm contemplating the purchase of a TM (2720SL) 2003.
Approx. Dry weight 0f 2680, tongue weight 378, cargo 1394. Am attempting to tow with 1994 Dodge 350, class
B conversion van. 5.2 litre (318 ci) engine, 3.9 rear axle ratio.

Weight Specs for van are: GVWR 8510 (With all options
and 6 passengers, full gas tank, the payload is 960).

The owners manual states for towing: Max Gross Combined Weight rating (GCWR) of 12500, Max trailer weight 8500 and max tongue weight of 1000.

I have a standard Drawtite Hitch, Frame Mounted, Weight carrying ball, (not equalizer), max ball weight 500, max tow weight 5000. Also have Air ride Springs on rear.

How does this look for towing???? As always Dealer says we won't need Sway Control?????  Considering the info posted do any of you have ANY advice????

The Super Chief