TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2006, 04:21 PM   #1
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Default Cannot empty toilet holding tank!

We've used the Thetford recirculating toilet a couple times, and never had a problem. But, this time, when I pull the dump lever at the base of the toilet, the toilet will not empty the black water in the holding tank, so that I can dump the waste.

Have any of you had this problem? If so, what did you do to fix it?

The problem may have been caused because I used Camco crystal deodorant this time, instead of Aqua-Kem liquid.

I've called our dealer, and the mechanic suggested I use a bottle of liquid Aqua-Kem in the toilet and give it a while to dissolve whatever solids may have caused the valve to stick. I did that - about 8 hours ago - and I believe the Aqua-Kem is helping the situation (the recirculated liquid seems to be thinner than before).

I called Thetford's Customer Service, and they said I need to evacuate the toilet and spray silicone around the seal to keep it from sticking. When I reminded them that the problem was that I couldn't "evacuate the toilet," they were at a loss to tell me how to do that (disassemble the toilet?). They did agree that adding a bottle of Aqua-Kem and allowing it to sit might cause the stuck seal to become unstuck.

I am looking forward to ideas from the forum. Thanks in advance for your help.
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote