TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2023, 09:06 AM   #1
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Default Drain tube in Norcold N300.3??

Has anyone attempted or considered or actually installed a drain tube from the drip tray to the outside in their N300.3 fridge? (my trailer came to me with no drip tray btw)

Having a drip tray is great for keeping any melting frost from running down onto the contents and all over the floor, but it still retains that water inside the fridge. In a really hot humid setting (like summer in southern Ontario) every time you open that fridge you introduce a tonne of water. It would be great to have anything that goes into the drip tray to be able to drain to the outside.

I found that I had trouble while driving with the fridge side facing the sun in 85-90F weather for 4-5 hours. Fridge had a hard time on DC maintaining interior temps cold enough to keep any collected frost from melting. Food temps were fine but the water was all over everything due to the missing tray.

I thought that a drain tube added to the tray might be helpful in humid environments to help keep the interior humidity down and consequently the frost build up. But then it could introduce a whole other issue…. a plugged drain tube, where to run it, etc. I am hoping that just having that drip tray (which is coming) would be enough. Just empty it upon arrival at my destination. But just wanted to put that question out there. See if anyone had tried it, thought about it, etc.
Deb Mac is offline   Reply With Quote