TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2019, 10:37 AM   #1
FlyboyTR

Default New Tires and Wheels

My project for an 8K mile trip, starting in about 2 weeks, is putting the pressure on me for upgrades and repairs before hitting the road.

Our recently acquired 07 2720 still has 14" tires. The previous owner replaced all 3 of them and the tires are dated 3017...so they are close to two years old. I want to go up to a load range D and since I am a fan of the Goodyear Endurance (just put 5 of them on our Surveyor travel trailer) I will putting two new ones (ST225/75R15) on the ground and leaving the spare as is. One of my local tire stores will supply 2 tires, mount, balance and install metal valve stems for $210! That's a deal I can't pass up.

Wheels... I went with the Dexter 15x6 white wheel.
I will be running around 50-55 PSI on the tires and I think this will provide a good margin of safety. https://www.etrailer.com/p-AM20522.html

Lift Kit... I ordered the lift kit on Monday...but still have no shipping date. I have concerns that I will have new wheels/tires ready to be installed and then no lift kit. I sure hope TM ships all my goodies STAT! I will be livid if I don't get the lift kit in time...and then have to purchase 2 more 14" Goodyear tires to go on the OEM wheels.

Still got to inspect the wheel bearings/seals and repair/adjust or replace the brakes.

OK...back to working on the TM...
FlyboyTR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodyear endurance, replacement tires