TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
Joseph

Post Tire update

Seems that the tire issues we all went thru a few years ago have calmed down. However I am still keeping my fingers crossed. I wanted to post an update regarding the tires that are currently on my TM. See signature. They have been on since 6/27/09 with no issues. Four years so far. They were suggested by my local tire dealer. He has become a good friend as everything he has ever done for any of my vehicles has not had to go back. The tires have as of now almost 14,000 miles on them. Almost all of that placed on them in July, read hot, trips out west. Otherwise it is short jaunts to Georgia State Parks a few times a year. No cracks that I can see. They stay off the ground. The rig is parked in the back yard on 2x8's. TM is covered and so are the tires. I run them between 60 and 65 psi. Their max being 65 psi. They were balanced WITH the TPMS sensors on them. I was a bit worried this trip just because of age, but the only tire issue I had was a flat on the truck after I got to Jacob Lake and camp set up. Towing speed was / is whatever road conditions and speed limit allow. 70 / 75 mph being about the max except for passing pain in the neck drivers a few times. The one thing about these tires that is noticeable compared to the Marathons that used to be on the TM is the tread depth. Much more rubber on the treads. If anything else "pops" up with them I will advise. Oh, one more thing. These tires were used on European delivery trucks for some time when I puchased them in 2009.