TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2005, 12:20 AM   #1
calypso

Default Who Calls Washington or Oregon Home?

Just curious how many TM owners there are in WA/OR. I joined the TrailBlazers Club thru the TM website but saw there was no chapter for either of our states. We are orphans. I'm wondering if there are enough of us to get a new chapter started. So don't be shy...I know you're out there.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:20 PM   #2
Carole

Default Resident of Oregon

We recently purchased a 2619 TM. We live just 12 miles sw of Salem, OR.
That would be great to get a group together of TM owners.

Carole Gabel
503/838-3844
Old 07-24-2005, 10:19 PM   #3
genesc

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso
Just curious how many TM owners there are in WA/OR. I joined the TrailBlazers Club thru the TM website but saw there was no chapter for either of our states. We are orphans. I'm wondering if there are enough of us to get a new chapter started. So don't be shy...I know you're out there.
The TrailBlazer constitution states, (if I remember correctly), that it takes five TrailManor owners to start a chapter. Contact the TrailBlazer president and he can give you a list of members in your area to contact. His e-mail is [email protected].

genesc
Old 07-25-2005, 08:29 AM   #4
Tuscany Bandit

Default California too?

Why not include California (no Chapter here either) and call it the West Coast Chapter? We live in Southern California and would love to join a local Chapter.

Just my $.02

Jerry
Old 07-25-2005, 11:22 PM   #5
calypso

Sorry Jerry...didn't realize you were homeless as well.

I think it would be great to have a West Coast Chapter (the more the merrier!).

genesc: Thank you for the suggestion -- I will follow up on it!!!

Carole,
We were down your way just last week as we had to go to Eugene to pick up our new tow vehicle. Now I'm really torn...which one gets the garage, the TM or the new truck?
Old 07-26-2005, 07:33 PM   #6
Carole

Default Oregon resident

We are very fortunate at this time, our TM will fit into our hangar. But someday if and when we move it could present a problem.

Hope a West Coast TM group can be formed. There are certainly lots of great places in Oregon, Washington and northern California to camp and stay out of the heat.

This TM site is a great one, always interesting to read the posts.

Carole
Old 01-28-2006, 08:39 PM   #7
genesc

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesc
The TrailBlazer constitution states, (if I remember correctly), that it takes five TrailManor owners to start a chapter. Contact the TrailBlazer president and he can give you a list of members in your area to contact. His e-mail is [email protected].

genesc
Someone of you needs to take the bull by the horns to start a West Coast Chapter. Choose a campground and a weekend date. Inform [email protected]. She will post it on the TrailBlazer Chapter Rallys website. Have an organizing rally. Choose a director and the next campout. You will then have a TrailBlazer chapter.

genesc
Old 02-24-2006, 10:49 AM   #8
Bruce

Default Pacific NW Chapter

Hi! It was good to hear about someone wanting to start up a Pacific NW chapter of the TrailBlazers.
We currently live in Sprawl World (central FL near Orlando) but we have recently purchased a home in Corvallis, OR and plan to move there in the next couple of years.
I am the treasurer for the TrailBlazers and in looking through the most current member directory I have for the year 2004 I see there is a Cascadia Chapter listed which covers Northern CA (Southern CA is included in the Southwest Chapter), Idaho, Oregon And Washington although I do not see any members belonging to the Cascadia Chapter so I assume it is a chapter in name only?
The new directory is going to list membership by chapters and not by state so maybe we will finally see if the Cascadia Chapter has any membership.
Keep me in touch with your progress. We'll be wanting to join your chapter as soon as we move.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:27 PM   #9
heyokasni

We just acquired our "vintage" TrailManor and might be interested in participating in events.
I just sent a check off to TrailManor for Trailblazers membership.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:35 PM   #10
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Does anybody know of a campground, somewhere in OR (sounds like that might be sort of a central gathering place), where we could all meet up this summer? Without having to get reservations way ahead of time? Maybe extremely N. CA, or S. WA? We don't need hookups, but would prefer somewhere not too far from I-5. We could do late June through late July.