TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2003, 05:26 AM   #1
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Re: need help with a TM

Castle,

Re. what to look for -  there's enough in the following thread to make your head spin  8) !

http://tretta.hypermart.net/cgi-bin/...num=1049384024

Click and read. I thinl the short and long course are contained therein.

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 05:24 PM   #2
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Default Re: WD Hitch or not?

Castle,
You will most likely need a WD hitch for your S-10. The way to check is to measure the height of the front bumper and the rear bumper without the trailer attached to the vehicle. After measuring, put the trailer hitch on the ball, crank the hitch wheel up off the ground and measure at the same points again. If you have 1" or more differential (back of vehicle sags) then you need a WD hitch.

Is your S-10 equipped with the factory tow package? If not, you should consider a transmission fluid cooler, too. If the S-10 is factory equipped with a 2" hitch receiver and wired for a trailer connection, then it has the factory tow package, and larger cooling capacity for both the radiator and transmission.

Happy travels with your "new" TM.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:51 AM   #3
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default Re: need help with a TM

Quote:
Thanks for all your help. I bought a 2720SL that was a one owner in excellent condition for $10,200 but I have one queston (right now) do I need to use a weight distribution hitch to pull it with a 2002 Chev. S-10 Blazer.
Castle,

I have a 2720 and pull it with an S-10 Blazer as well. I was told initially that I didn't need a WDH, but when I went to pick up the trailer, John at Dinuba said that he would leave the decision up to me. They lowered the trailer down onto the Blazer hitch, and when I heard the springs groan, and saw the squat, I said OK I was convinced. It is one of the best decisions that I ever made....I have an Eaz-Lift 1000 and am so happy that I have it. The Blazer rides as though the trailer is not even attached (ride height wise).

So, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you do go with a WDH, you will he happier, and the ride will be much safer.

Welcome to the TM family, it is a great product.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote