TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
Jack Busher

Default Electric sounds!

Just took out our 3127KS for its first trip this year. I plugged the 30 amp cord from the TM into the corresponding outlet at the park. There were three switches at the outlet. I turned them all on. We were set up for several hours with no problems. Just before we went to bed, the converter panel seemed to get very loud, and then shut off. 30 secs. later, it would come back on, then shut off, then come back on. (The noise sounded like a fan going off and on.) I went outside an tried turning off the switches in every possible combination, but the issue persisted.

Still haven't resolved the issue, other than turning off all power.

I know very little about electrical issues and terminology. Please answer so a non-EE major might understand.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:01 AM   #2
viking

The converter does have a fan on it to keep things cool when needed. The fan coming on does not mean that something is wrong with your converter. One thing that might be causing your converter fan to come on is that you have many Direct Current (DC – like you have in your car cigarette lighter) appliances on. DC appliances include your lights and refrigerator. One tip that might help you keep your fan from coming on is to make sure that when you get your TM plugged into the electric pole at the campground switch your refrigerator to the Alternating Current (AC – like what you have in your home electrical sockets) mode. When I put the refrigerator on AC mode I find that my converter fan comes on less.

One other suggestion. When you plug your power into the campsite power pole make sure the breakers are turned to off. Once you have your TM plugged in then turn on the breakers. When you are ready to move your TM to go home turn the breakers off first then unplug the TM power cord.