TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-17-2007, 08:36 AM   #1
13dano

Default Holiday Plans in the TM?

Hello,
I'm planning on celebrating Christmas in the TM at the Fort Wilderness campround in Disneyworld. I've stayed there a few times and always enjoy myself - even at $78 a night! I was just wondering if anyone else is spending Christmas in your TM?
Old 12-17-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
FightinIrish

Sure am. we are traveling from Fort Myers, FL to Asheville, NC. Found a great campground with a killer view, Campfire Lodgings, and got one of their premium sites overlooking the French Broad River. Have a visit planned to the Biltmore for Christmas which should be a treat. Merry Christmas to all and safe travels.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:01 AM   #3
BrigCA61

Yep, we have spent Christmas (Thanksgiving and most major holidays) in our TM ever since we got it... this will be our 3rd Christmas. It's just us and the doggies so we just like to get away. We'll be in Santa Cruz, CA camping on the beach this year.

You have a wonderful time... $78.00 a night for Disneyworld isn't too bad. Disney is a fun place during the holidays.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:22 AM   #4
jimwilly

Default FightinIrish

Mind sharing the name of the campsite you found in Asheville? We go there frequently to visit relatives. Always interested in finding new places to camp.

Thanks
jimwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:37 AM   #5
daneco

Default christmas and beyond

We are spending Christmas in Living Forest RV campground near Nanaimo BC, and also the rest of the winter through to May. It is cool and wet but comfortable in our TM.
Merry Christmas to all,

david & neila coe and the cats
Old 12-24-2007, 05:34 PM   #6
Rich_in_Tampa

Sanibel Island for New Years for a few days. Bringing the ceramic heater just in case. Bringing in the new year on the beach.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:51 PM   #7
13dano

Hey Rich,
Periwinkle Park I assume? Enjoy - it's always enjoyable this time of year.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:40 AM   #8
Rich_in_Tampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13dano View Post
Hey Rich,
Periwinkle Park I assume? Enjoy - it's always enjoyable this time of year.
Yup - I think it's the only RV park on the island. Our first visit there.

Any tips?

Happy New Year.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:19 PM   #9
13dano

You are correct, it's the only RV park there. All sites have full hookups including sewer. If you get there after closing which I believe is 7 or 8 you are outta luck. This happened to me but they did have a sign that directed me to their overflow sites outside of the main gate, but were in an open field. Those sites did have full hookups however, and I ended up liking them and didn't feel like moving so I just stayed there for the rest of my time there.
They have a great collection of birds, lizards, and other animals which are quite the attraction. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance and a Dairy Queen across the street.
I love all of the bike paths on the islands!
Enjoy!