TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-05-2003, 10:28 AM   #1

Default ScreenRooms and AAR's for the TM

OK, this is the thing:  Another RV board I belong to has dozens of threads  on the subject of  screen or add-on  rooms which are attached to  the awning and which can  truly add  a considerable amount of living and storage space to a small RV.  AddARooms offer useful weather  protection as well as shelter from insect life,  and  privacy as well.  The good ones not only offer screening and privacy panels, but clear plastic windows which help keep out wind and cold, but allow light in.

Has anyone here ever seen one of these used with a TM awning?  Has anyone here ever actually used one of these made for a TM?  

My (2001) 3023 has a very nice Fiamma awning.  They do offer an AAR which looks nice in the pictures.  Setting aside the matter of the price (pretty steep, around 600 clams) what I am wondering about is HOW HARD IS IT TO PUT THIS THING UP, how long does it take to put up, do you need two people?  And how about weight?

For those wanting to spend a couple of weeks or more at a time in their TM (we've had several threads about this in the past and another just now)  use of an AAR would seem to be a help in preventing cabin fever.

Next week, I plan to start a thread about replacing the original toilet with something more versatile.  Now THAT  should be interesting...
Old 03-06-2003, 12:12 AM   #2
arknoah

Default Re: ScreenRooms and AAR's for the TM

I would like to be as interested in putting up an AAR, but think the price is way too steep for my blood.  Everyone I've spoken to who has them for conventional travel trailers loves them, and when you consider that you might be ina place for two weeks or more, I wouldn't mind something that took me a half hour or so to put up.  
My only other consideration is that because of the construction of the TM, the awning is not as wide as for conventional trailers, so while you get a bit more sapce, it ain't a whole lot.  I wonder if it's more than for pop up campers....
Old 03-06-2003, 04:39 PM   #3
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Default Re: Fiamma's 'Florida Room'

You can check out the Fiamma 'Florida Room' its web site, [www.fiamma.it/usa/prod_usa/usaframeproduct.html]

Prices start at $582 for rooms to add to the F45 awning.
Old 03-07-2003, 11:13 AM   #4
KdHammonds

I have thought about the AARM.  However for $130 I was able to pick up a screen house from Sears.  The screen house is 13x14.  A lot cheaper than the AARM.

We can't wait for warm weather.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:16 AM   #5
arknoah

We opted for a screen house from a department store, and try to place it near our awning .  While it is not as nice as an official screen room, spending less than $100 makes it pretty nice.
Old 03-20-2003, 03:47 PM   #6
MMARFISI

We purchased the pole sets from Fiamma (about $100) and then made our own screen house for about $60 in materials and 5 or 6 hours at the sewing machine.  Really not a hard project for one with some sewing skills and a HECK of a lot cheeper.  We purchase the poles from Fiamma because they are made to go with the existing awning and have all the right connectors.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:01 AM   #7

Twinkletoes,
  Did you replace the recirculating toilet with a different type of toilet.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:28 PM   #8
Chris_Bauer

I know this isn't the answer to the screen room, but, when I bought the 3326 it came with one. Problem is, I haven't been in one place long enough to justify setting it up.  Will do so in July and report then.  Patience is a virtue ;D.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:34 PM   #9

Has anyone looked at the Breezeway Screen Room that attaches to a camper similarly to the Fiamma screen room.  The BSR starts at $151 -- much cheaper than the Fiamma.

Old 05-21-2003, 01:49 AM   #10

In Jc Whitney  they havea 'ADD A Room"
several different prices from $248-$299 dpending on size,
SHADEMAKER SELF-CONTAINED ADD-A-ROOM
Converts your ShadeMaker self-contained awning into a private room with flow-through ventilation.
More Info:
SHADEMAKER SELF-CONTAINED ADD-A-ROOM
www.jcw.com under RV key word, 8)