TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-27-2005, 08:23 AM   #1
cmc211

Default Velcro problems

First time I took the dinette table off to convert to a bed the velcro came off the table. Its also coming off the back of the seats. Anyone know a good replacement? Also noticed the staples holding it are very small has anyone used larger staples? Thanks!!! Dave
Old 07-29-2005, 10:52 AM   #2
Larry_Loo

Thumbs up Super-Adhesive Nylon Hook and Loop

I and some others here have had the best luck with "Super-Adhesive Nylon Hook and Loop" sold by McMaster-Carr, whose online url is:
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Search for Super-Adhesive Nylon Hook and Loop via their Search Box. It may be found also on page 3212 of their online catalog. McMaster-Carr sells the hook and loop together or separately in 1" and 2" widths. Most of the original, factory-installed velcro peeled off the inside walls of my 3124KS. Initially I replaced the strips with "Industrial Strength Velcro" but the adhesive bond quickly failed on this brand of velcro. After applying the Super-Adhesive velcro 3 years ago, none of it has come off. There are a few areas where a strip is buckled - probably from expansion due to the summertime heat of our valley (our TM is kept outside).

I'm not familiar with using staples to keep the velcro strips attached. Ours don't have any staples driven through them. Staples may have been used in an attempt to keep the velcro from coming off.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:45 AM   #3
cmc211

Thanks, Larry I'll try it! Dave
Old 10-03-2005, 07:30 PM   #4
boogerhead

Default velcro

I purchased some 3M adhesive velcro strips with 'Permanent Adhesive'. Note - you MUST get the one labeled 'Permanent Adhesive'. This stuff really sticks to stuff! I got mine at Wal-Mart in 1" strips (it ain't cheap!).