TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #1
Rich & Deb

Default First camping trip issue & question

We just finished our first trip with the 2005 3124 KB we purchased used about a month ago. We are happy with it and almost everything works as it should. The problem I noticed is that when water is draining from the sinks, water runs from the top of the tank under the floor. The black drain pipe that goes through the floor is dry so I believe that there is a crack where the drain pipe enters the tank. After giving it a good look and watching water run from the top of the tank, I realize that this is not a job for me. So after leaving Huntington State Park, south of Myrtle Beach, SC, I went to Camping World. They now have the trailer and I am wondering how much the fix is llikely to cost. Any ideas???
My wife, Deb, is wondering if there is an outside shower? There is one, where is it? If not, has anyone ever installed one?
This being our first trip, I have to say it was most enjoyable which should only get better as we figure out how to do things easier.

Rich
Old 06-13-2014, 11:04 PM   #2
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

On my 2720 the outside shower is in a little box with a locking door towards the back on the street side of the trailer. A picture of the outside shower setup I made is in my albums.

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:33 PM   #3
davlin
TrailManor Master

Rich,

Interesting mystery. Please update this post when you get your trailer back. I'd like to know what it was.

Dave
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #4
Javaranch

If the issues is just a single crack/leak you can probably expect $150 or so from past experience with previous trailers. Labor rates are typically $100/hr on average.

As for an external shower, our 1998 does not. The current 3124 do. Not sure when it was added.

We are looking at the possibility of adding an external shower. Just a matter of time, $$$, and energy.

Cheers
Old 06-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #5
Rich & Deb

Default Interesting & frustration turn of events

Well I received a call from Camping World Service, and although we saw the leak from the top of our tank, the Camping World Service people could not get it to leak. I wondered if as I leveled the camper, I twisted the frame a little causing a small opening in the drain pipe/tank connection. So I asked them to eep looking. They also noted that the hot water heater is not working. I thought our 2005 3124 only had a propane water heater. Does our trailer have an electric water heater? I asked them to check this out too.

Rich
Old 06-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #6
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Mine has an electric (120vac only) heater also but the on/off switch is hidden and reachable only from the outside. See the thumbnail in post #3 of the Hot Water thread.