TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
EAKlebe

Default Replacement racks for Dometic RM1023 3-way?

Anyone know of a source for replacement racks for a Dometic RM1023 3-way? I checked the price at the local RV dealership and they wanted $40 for 1 rack!
Old 07-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
LiveTicker

You can check for racks at used appliance stores, junk yards, dumps, thrift shops, etc.
If its too big - get out your hacksaw. Then use grinder or a rock to smooth cut edge.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
EAKlebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAKlebe View Post
Anyone know of a source for replacement racks for a Dometic RM1023 3-way? I checked the price at the local RV dealership and they wanted $40 for 1 rack!
what I wound up doing is: scraped down the existing racks (which had some kind of white residue on them), then spraying with rustoleum primer, then overcoat with rustoleum appliance white enamel. They turned out looking very nice. It remains to be seen how durable the paint will be.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:09 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Another thought. At a big box store, and maybe at a smaller one, you can buy a can of a rubbery goop. The usual use is for dipping tool handles, to provide a coating that is a bit thick, and a bit soft. But it can also be painted on. I see no reason why you couldn't put it on refrig racks, and it might be a bit more durable than paint. I've used it a couple times, and I like it.

The one I have used is called PlastiDip. There may be others. Keith, have you had any non-tool-handle experience with this stuff?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Bill,

We sell the PlastiDip and it is used for all kinds of things and holds up pretty well. The biggest problem I see is we can't get it in white. I see it is manufactured in white, so somebody should have it.

I also noticed they also have a product called ReRack. That looks like exactly what is needed for touch ups on these types of shelves.

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #6
EAKlebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Wire View Post
Bill,

We sell the PlastiDip and it is used for all kinds of things and holds up pretty well. The biggest problem I see is we can't get it in white. I see it is manufactured in white, so somebody should have it.

I also noticed they also have a product called ReRack. That looks like exactly what is needed for touch ups on these types of shelves.

Keith
The only question I would have about PlastiDip and similar products is: would it allow for relatively easy removal and reinsertion of the racks? With the paint I used (which I assume would probably be a thinner coat than the Plasti
Dip) I had to use quite a bit of effort to get the racks to slide into place, even though there seemed to be plenty of clearance.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Very good question. I don't know.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote