TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
WildWG
Site Sponsor

Default Loose Screws

What is a reasonably permanent fix for screws becoming loose that attach things to the aluminum/foam "sandwich" shell walls? I fear that just going o larger screws will result in larger, "hogged-out" holes. Does filling holes with wooded dowels and then redrilling work?

Thanks,

WGW
WildWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #2
Cowboy Cody

When attaching a shelf for my TV, I bought rivet nuts and attached the same type of brackets that TM uses for the cabinet above the stove. You can buy the rivet nuts from McMaster-Carr and or Harbor Freight. If memory serves me right, I bought the slip in type brackets from an outfit called Rockers. If you do an Internet search you can find them (Mail order) if you can't find what you want email me and I can look at the package for the name and size. I bought a couple sets of different sizes. Thanks to Larry Loo who turned me on to the rivet nuts, he has many good post
Cowboy Cody
Old 09-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #3
WildWG
Site Sponsor

Default Loose Screws - cont.

Thanks, Cody:

I'll check out Rivet Nuts at my local Harbor Freight. The most pressing problem I have is a loose screw that holds the bracket that supports my front window protector open. If the Rivet Nuts don't work for this, I will probably just glue in a dowel and redrill.

WGW
WildWG is offline   Reply With Quote