TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-31-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
William

Question Trail Manor Tune Up Special

Last year the TM factory offered a tune up special where they did the stuff below for $159 + tax. They are probably going to do that again this spring though they have not set the price yet. Has anyone used this service? Is it worthwhile? What was your experience?

Tune-Up Special
• Inspection of all lift system components for wear or damage
• Adjustment of torsion bars
• Cleaning and application of rust-inhibitor on torsion bars
• Latch adjustment and top heights
• Inspection and cleaning of seals
• Corner jack lubrication
• Brake operational testing
• Brake and running light testing
LP system pressure testing
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:09 AM   #2
ib4classics

Default Factory Service

We had ours done last November and took the factory tour at the same time.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:14 AM   #3
ib4classics

Default Factory

We found it to be a great experience and worth the time and money.
Several minor adjusments were made to the lifting mech. and we could tell the difference.
They found our main gasket between the two halves had just started to leak which did not show.
They replaced half the gasket and there was no damage because it was found so soon.
We called ahead and made an appointment and got there on time.....but they were backed up from a repair the day before so we had to go home and come back the next day to get the TM.
Not too bad for us with time and distance but worth confirming a one day deal the next time.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:30 AM   #4
lnussbau

The factory is a bit far for us to take advantage of a deal like that, unless it would coincide with our travel plans, but our "local" dealer, The Car Show, had a deal similar to that a year ago -- we found improvements in many areas after they were done. The opening/closing of the TM was much better, certain minor items (awning support, for example) were fixed/replaced, to name a couple of things.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
greentrail

Hi guys,

Just an update. I called Ed and they are continuing that special. This year it's 169.00 plus parts and it takes a day to go over anything. Regular shop time for additional work is 75 an hour.

I'll be heading down this weekend for a Monday appointment and I can't wait to meet the famous Ed!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #6
greentrail

Well, I just returned from a pleasant trip to the factory for the tune up. I got to meet Ed, Adam, and Steven, the tech who worked on my trailer. Ed gave me the nickel tour and it was cool to see the production line. The day I was there they were building fold outs. Ed said right now they build the trailers in batches and then switch the line over to build the Elkmonts. They were using half their people (62) and building at a rate of 1 to 1.5 trailers a day. We then headed over to Norris Dam to kill some time. Got a call around noon on my trailer, I was kinda bummed, they had me turned around in half a day. I guess I should be elated. There was nothing wrong with the trailer other than minor adjustments. The guys told me that the trailer was in really great shape and to keep doing what I was doing!

In short the trip was well worth the time and money.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #7
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnussbau View Post
The factory is a bit far for us to take advantage of a deal like that, unless it would coincide with our travel plans, but our "local" dealer, The Car Show, had a deal similar to that a year ago -- we found improvements in many areas after they were done. The opening/closing of the TM was much better, certain minor items (awning support, for example) were fixed/replaced, to name a couple of things.
Larry - Do you remember roughly what The Car Show charged and what they went over? I may be passing through Denver in a few months and could possibly divert to Colorado Springs.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:19 AM   #8
lnussbau

I think the special they had, Dave, was $299, and it included going through the entire TM looking for missing bolts, operational problems, broken stuff, etc. in addition to adjusting the torsion bars lifts. They checked out stove operation, water system integrity, gas system integrity, adjusted the brakes and replaced a couple of small items, such as one of the awning supports that had a broken piece. A few other things, too, that I don't recall off the top of my head.

I had them do some other specific things that were not included, such as install a cabinet over the stove, so my bill was quite a bit higher.

Here is their web site: http://www.thecarshowinc.com/index.htm and their "contact us" page includes a phone number, address, hours they're open, and even an "email" form for questions or comments.

I suspect your best bet is to give them a call and discuss your needs with them. I've found them easy to work with.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #9
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Thanks for the info, Larry. I may also be able to swing by the TM factory on the same trip, so when the time comes, I'll have to give them both a call to see which might be better. One of my primary issues is that the front shell is harder to lift than the rear, and my local dealer surprisingly had no idea how to deal with it.....or adjust the breaks, which I ended up doing myself.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tm factory tune-up