TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #1
ericluvskim04

Default Velcro adhesion

Does anyone know a good way to get the velco to stick to the walls. I just purchased a 2005 3023 TM and noticed some of the velcro has come unglued. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #2
2bcs1jrt

I removed my old velcro, masked the area so as to minimize the damage to surrounding paint. Removed all the old glue with mineral spiritsas reccomended by the TM factory guys, and replaced my velcro with Marine grade adhesive back hook and loop (aka velcro). The only source I found for this was online at Sailor's Solutions.
http://www.sailorssolutions.com/inde...ils&Item=VLC01

This stuff works great. I do not baby it at all and not so much as a corner coming loose.

I replaced it with "industrial" grade hook and loop from McMaster-Carr which is a great source for lots of things but the glue wilted with heat and I was back to square one.

Not so with this stuff and it's been nearly 2 years.

Cheri
Old 06-20-2007, 05:57 AM   #3
evans27292

call adam at tm and order the new velco disk the size of a quarter with adhesive back and screw it to the wall. the cost is around .45/each. i replaced all on my o7, 3326 looks good and blends better to color of wall ,instead of the white velco .
Old 06-20-2007, 07:00 AM   #4
Bob&Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by evans27292 View Post
call adam at tm and order the new velco disk the size of a quarter with adhesive back and screw it to the wall. the cost is around .45/each. i replaced all on my o7, 3326 looks good and blends better to color of wall ,instead of the white velco .
I agree with Evans statement - our new '07 came with the velcro disks instead of the "strip" and they work great so far.

Bob
Old 03-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
girlbugspoppa

How many disks does it take and how far apart do you place them?
'05 Ford F-150 Supercab
5.4 Ltr.
Prodigy Brake Controller
:cool: :cool:
girlbugspoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
jellis

I just went out and counted mine. I put total of 11, but have two in a couple of places that looked like they could use a little extra support. (Sometimes, the flap falls down with only one button.) It's not a matter of setting them a certain distance apart, but placing them where the existing velcro on the flap needs to be attached to the wall. This will be evident when you start attaching the buttons.

By the way, I screwed mine into the wall. I just don't trust the adhesive and the buttons don't have a lot of surface area to hold up such a load. They look just fine with the screw head showing, in my opinion.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #7
freein05

I used silicone glue about a year ago on one side that came lose and the glue has held it fine for almost a year. The strip came lose about a month after we got the TM.