TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-24-2005, 02:45 PM   #1
DIA-GRL

Red face Front Slide In

Always make sure the beds are locked before getting on them! I forgot about this and when I got on the bed to secure the flaps to the walls, the front end of the bed fell, and part of the framing came loose.. and also gave me quite a jolt! What is the best method to fix the bed frame? Liquid Glue?
Old 10-24-2005, 02:51 PM   #2
BobRederick

DIA-GRL

You just found the fire escape. I was wondering how this could work with the support arms located below the bed. So what does happen? How does the bed come down past the extended arms?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:52 PM   #3
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

I think all the clips do is hold it from sliding you must lift it to use it as a fire escape
Old 10-24-2005, 08:13 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'm beginning to conclude that the rear bed and the front bed are somehow different. The slide models, of course, don't have a front bed.

In my 2720SL, I have never been able to get the rear bed to drop when I climb on it with the clip unlatched. Like Ripp, I conclude that you have to LIFT the edge of the bed to get out through it - and the purpose of the clip is to prevent someone outside from breaking in by that route. And like Bob, I don't understand how it could drop with the support arms beneath it.

Is the front bed on a non-slide unit different?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:57 PM   #5
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I've been on both of the beds without the retaining clips being in and have never fallen out. Did you somehow pull out the beds without having the support arms underneath? I've read one other comment about this but have yet to figure out how it happened. Please enlighten us!
Old 11-04-2005, 07:02 AM   #6
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

We're in Charleston as we speak. This campground has "TangoInternet" - a broadband service that you can buy by the day or longer. Anyway, I had never noticed this before on earlier trips. I notice that the front bed slideout is not even across the width of the slide. It hangs down another 2-3 inches on one side. Checked the swinging support arms and they appear to be adjusted the same on each side. The trailer is level, and the sliding locking bolt on the inside is in position. Two people slept on it last night with no apparent problem. Anyone else experienced this?
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 08:53 PM   #7
PopBeavers

I have the same situation with the front bed not appearing to be level on my 2005 2720. We have one more trip planed next weekend before we put it away for a few months. I may take it back to the dealer and ask them about it. Mine is still under warantee.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:15 PM   #8
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Wayne
If you do take your TM back to the dealer, let us know what they say regarding the uneven front bed. Thanks!

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:28 PM   #9
BrigCA61

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers
I have the same situation with the front bed not appearing to be level on my 2005 2720. We have one more trip planed next weekend before we put it away for a few months. I may take it back to the dealer and ask them about it. Mine is still under warantee.
Don't you have either a sofa or a dinette in the "front" with the 2720? How is it you have a front bed that doesn't seem level? We have the dinette in the front of ours and have converted it to a bed and I don't know how it wouldn't be level. The bed is part of the two sofas with the table dropping down to complete the bed in the center. It is as level as the trailer. Our bed in the back is level... all sides even with the shell. We did have a problem with the shell being uneven when it was set up in the front... there was a larger gap on one side where the seals are then on the other side. Ed at the TM factory gave us the sollution which was very easy and solved the problem.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:24 AM   #10
Bill & Lisa

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigCA61
Don't you have either a sofa or a dinette in the "front" with the 2720? How is it you have a front bed that doesn't seem level?
The 2720SL has the slide living room with a sofa
The 2720SD has the slide Dinette with 2 sofas and a table
The 2720 [no letters] has a dinette AND a Bed up front (no extra floor space - the streetside couch is right up against the refridgerator......

Bill