TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-01-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
rooksroost

Default First trip under our belt

Well we got there and back! Our first trip last weekend went well. We didn't do to bad setting up, even with a couple from Canada and IN watchin, I was even able to answer a few questions!
We got to hear the Gulf of Mexico pounding the beach and rain on the roof! Does this happen every time you go out??? The rain.....
We went ahead and did our beach walk in the misty rain, it'll probably be the last trip to the shore for a long time to come, TN here we come.
All the info we got off the forum has been right on. Our TV got 1.1 MPG less towing. I just had to remind myself on I10 that I was towing something!
One thing I did learn the hard way was to burn in the heater in early, finding that smoke alarm at midnite is rough!

Being the ex-aircraft modifier that I was had to move things. Took the TV shelf from over the bed and mounted it next to the frig. Got room underneath for the 12V Igloo for those long trips. More counter space. Always needed.

Next thing on my list is the dead bolt. From day one I wondered why it wasn't on the top door. It would solve those open door problems I've read about and increase security. I didn't see anything done in this direction on the thread for dead bolts. Any thoughts???

The campground at St Joe is really nice and that heated/cooled bath house is great!
Tried to attach a photo but I may not have it figured out yet.......
Old 02-01-2006, 05:35 PM   #2
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Default First Trip

Glad your maiden voyage went smoothly The TM set up is kind of fun, the closing down - not as much. We usually manage to forget something, or do it in the wrong sequence (one time we forgot to fold the steps up before we lowered the shell). Probably why many TM folks use a check list - we made one up but we became over-confident I guess

Where in TN are you going? We just bought a parcel of land near Pikeville. That Sequatchie Valley area is gorgeous! We intend to use the land as a camping site for now, and someday we'll retire there.

I like your stepside Tundra. You don't see too many of that style. Is it 4WD?
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:41 PM   #3
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Default deadbolt on top door

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooksroost
Next thing on my list is the dead bolt. From day one I wondered why it wasn't on the top door. It would solve those open door problems I've read about and increase security. I didn't see anything done in this direction on the thread for dead bolts. Any thoughts???
I think I have read somewhere that the factory does not put a deadbolt in the top door because of possible clearance issues when the top shell is put down. Single cylinder deadbolts (like the one on the bottom door) have a knob that sticks out, and double cylinder deadbolts have a casing that sticks out probably just as far. If a lock existed that had a flat plate with a keyhole on the inside surface, there probably would not be any clearance issue.
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is offline   Reply With Quote