TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Frame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2021, 10:36 AM   #1
CelNArt

Default SOS in South San Diego! Frame weld fix needed

2002 2619 frame cracked behind the swing-away hitch pivot tabs. Posts on the TM Owner Pages suggested the fail is common for older TM models.
I understand there is a C Channel instead of L Channels fix. Please post your pictures and / or descriptions a welder could use.
I am considering proven fixes first but suggest maybe splint pieces welded top, bottom and sides for 4.5" forward and 4.5" aft of the fail using 3/16" steel would work. My father once temporarily fixed his snapped 30' sailboat mast with an internal grade 8 bolted splint.
Any San Diego TM owners recommend experienced skilled TIG, MAG or MIG welders to join 3/16" steel square tubing to 3/16" plate or C channel in South San Diego. I could limp it 10 miles or so to a shop if needed. All help is appreciated. Don't want to miss the Hollister TM rally!
CelNArt is offline   Reply With Quote