TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
13dano

Question Travasak

Hello,
I recently purchased a queen-sized Travasak. The directions weren't quite clear to me but I would like to wash it at home prior to using. Is this frowned upon?
Also, is there some sort of trick to separate them? I don't want to force the zippers if it isn't possible.
Thanks,
Dan
Old 05-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13dano View Post
Hello,
I recently purchased a queen-sized Travasak. The directions weren't quite clear to me but I would like to wash it at home prior to using. Is this frowned upon?
Also, is there some sort of trick to separate them? I don't want to force the zippers if it isn't possible.
Thanks,
Dan
I wash the sheets after every trip and wash the bags once a year. I unzip them so I can place on bag alone in the washer and dryer. I take the bags to the local laundry because my washer and dryer is not quite large enough to handle it.

I have no trouble unzipping them. I'm pretty sure I read the attached label for washing instructions.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
fishpondwest

We love our travask!
Just zip it all the way open and pull out the sheet which is in one piece folded at the foot. It is held in place with velcro around the edges. When replacing the sheet it helps if you can open the travasak all the way, re-attach the velcro strips then fold over the bag and zip it back up.
We wash the sheet after every trip and send the bag to the cleaners once a year. My job is to take out the sheet and put it back. My wife handles the washing and cleaning.
Hope that helps.
Dan
Old 05-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #4
13dano

Thanks for your help! For whatever reason, I couldn't separate the the winter part from the summer part, so I can put them in one at a time in the washer/dryer. I didn't want to force them if they aren't supposed to separate, so I will go back and see what is hanging up the zippers. They zip fine to the very end, and just stop.
It seems well made and a great idea...and I look forward to using it.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:16 PM   #5
Beak12

My TM (used 04) is in the Get Ready part of the purchase. We have lived in a 37 ft. Winnebago for 5 years and this will be a real change. We used regular sheets and blankets in that. Now the real question is---Can a Travasak be left on the bed and the TM be closed for moving down the road? Or must I remove it and store it someplace?
Old 06-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #6
markandanne

Someone else may have more direct experience, but since all TM's are slightly different I think it will require you to have the TM in hand and just try it to see if it works. It will probably be a close fit. We added a pretty thick mattress pad that I initially thought was giving us trouble, but we eventually figured out that side-to-side leveling is far more important than front-to-back leveling while closing down and getting our TM to latch. We can be quite unlevel front to back, but side-to-side needs to be pretty precise, better than half a bubble on my level. With that figured out, we've been able to easily close with the thick mattress pad and all of our sheets. I think we probably could with a comforter also, which would probably make it as thick as the Travasak.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:20 PM   #7
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13dano View Post
Thanks,
Dan
Dan I just received our two Travasak's today & they definitely come apart. The trick seems to be getting two zipper pulls all the way around on both sides at the bottom. Then they will just slide apart like a jacket etc. but you must have two zipper pulls together for them to come apart.

Just for info I bought the new Micro suede but I would think even the percale would be the same.

I also did speak with the manufacture today & they said front loading commercial machines should be used & only air dry for about 10 minutes then let line dry or could void warranty. Since textiles is my business I would say this may be a little on the cautious side IMO but I will most likely follow the directions for the warranty.
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #8
PopBeavers

I have dried my Travasaks in large commercial dryers, using a low setting to remove most but not all of the moisture, then let it finish drying on a bed. I have not had a problem with this procedure. But, I wash them once a years, so they have been washed twice.