TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-22-2007, 12:42 PM   #1
Fdxflyer

Default Frozen Shower

I bought a new 2007 3124KB last October. I used it one time (2 nights) and it got below freezing. When I got ready to drain lines, tanks, etc. I found that the shower lines had frozen. Dealer said it was a new design and might have to add vents in area of tub to allow air flow. Stored for winter (out of sight, out of mind) but am getting ready to take it out. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 04-22-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Hmmm. I don't know how the pipes are routed in a 3123, and I haven't checked the routing in my 2006 2720. But in my 2002 2720, the pipes ran from under-the-kitchen-sink to under-the-tub through a channel that was gouged through the foam under the skin of the bathroom floor. The pipes were on top of the foam, just below the skin of the floor, so at least some warmth percolated down to them through the floor, and they were insulated from the cold under the trailer. As I recall, that channel also had a fistful of wires routed through it. I had that TM out several times in 15-20 degree weather without a problem. Of course it would be important to leave the bathroom door open so that the bathroom stays warm. And don't put a thick rug on the bathroom floor.

If you are truly curious, you can pull the converter out of the wall (assuming it is located in the hallway outside the bathroom) and get a look at the under-tub area. If they are still using such a channel, you ought to be able to see one end of it. You might see how you can insulate the pipes, or see how to add a small fan to draw warm air through the channel.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:28 PM   #3
Fdxflyer

Thanks for the info. I got it out today and found an access panel thru the exterior storage area. I could see light coming up from below inside the tub/shower area (obviously open to outside). There was no insulation and the way it is rigged there is no way for air to circulate in the compartment. Obviously, something will have to be done - insulation and some type of vent panel into the bathroom to allow air to circulate.