TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2005, 08:03 PM   #1
toeb

Question HELP! Saturated Carpets...

I'm open to all suggestions: Here's the scenerio, setup, leveled, hooked up to water with pressure reg and filter, electric and sewer. Here's the problem- I noticed the low point valves were dripping water. I made sure they were all shut and still had leakage what seemed to be coming from above the insulation. Two days later, the carpets in front of the bed (2004 1/2 TM 3326), under the interior storage, and under the exterior storage were saturated with moisture. There was NO moisture/water on any of the vinyl in the bathroom, nor in front of the kitchen sink. No leaks noticed around tub, toilet, BR sink, Kit sink, or under sink. I shut off the water, dumped the toilet(x2 turning on the water to 2nd rinse the toilet) and emptied the gray water tank. That stopped the leaks from the low point valves. I aired out the unit for two days. On the third day, I broke camp and when I lowered the right rear side of the trailer, about 3-5 gallons of water came sloshing from behind the rear wheels. When I crawled under to see where it was coming from, it seemed to be coming from above the large black plastic tank(?) located centered and to the rear of the axles. I've taken the unit back to the dealership in hopes of them finding the problem, but after the latter explaination, they have no idea yet. Any suggestions? Send private message and I'll be happy to field phone calls or make phone calls. I'm in DC area.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:12 AM   #2
Windbreaker

I would suspect a leak around the tub, the most common source of this problem would be the out door shower or fittings going to the indoor shower. Both are located in the same area.

The reasons for this guess are: 1)drips from low point drains are most likely run off from higher, 2) dampness inside rear means leak is inside, 3) dampness started drying when you shut off water, 4) you reported no color/smell to water thus not from used water, 5) if from sink you would have seen something under it, 6) the black tank that water ran off the top of is the gray water tank that has an opening to the inside just under the tub. I kind of doubt that 3 to 5 gals of water would ride on top of this tank but a little water spilled looks like much more than it really is.

Of course I could be all wet.