TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-07-2008, 08:17 PM   #1
P and B

Default Hanging LCD TV in Bedroom area

I'm trying to figure out how to mount my small LCD TV/DVD in the bedroom area. I'd love it to be in the corner between the outside wall and the back bathroom wall (set into the corner). I'm thinking through this and could use some suggestions. I'm not too worried about the mounting a bracket to the outside wall but has anyone put some kind of screwed in bracket into the bathroom wall? My thought here was to use the same mounts (or similar) as the ones that the cabinets hang on and put the hooks on the TV somehow. Then I could just "hang" the TV in the bedroom, hook and unhook as necessary. I even thought about hooking a bracket over the bath wall and putting one end of the bracket on this hook (I'd probably have to make this out of some aluminum stock).

Another alternative is to use a commercial bracket with some kind of an arm where the arm slides on and off. This would mount on the outside wall only. I haven't found a really flush one (1/4 to 3/8). The thinnest one was 3/4.

I considered the stock shelf that TM sells but I'd like the TV to tilt downward a little and this would be difficult with the shelf. Plus then I'd have yet another thing I have to deal with at setup and takedown. It is an option if I can't figure anything else out that's better.

Any help/advise and/or council would be appreciated.

Phil
Old 04-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
ng2951

Peerless makes LCD mounts that vary in price and complexity. It would be a good start.

We have the shelf in the bedroom. At present we are using a laptop with 22" widescreen LCD that is just beautiful. Works great, and I can tilt it anywhere I need it to go.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:50 PM   #3
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

I put a VESA mount on the outside wall, and it was quite simple. I hadn't considered the bathroom wall because it would be at wierd angle for viewing.
http://tinyurl.com/5r8zo6 and http://tinyurl.com/5lqvx5
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by P and B View Post
I'm trying to figure out how to mount my small LCD TV/DVD in the bedroom area. I'd love it to be in the corner between the outside wall and the back bathroom wall (set into the corner). I'm thinking through this and could use some suggestions. I'm not too worried about the mounting a bracket to the outside wall but has anyone put some kind of screwed in bracket into the bathroom wall? My thought here was to use the same mounts (or similar) as the ones that the cabinets hang on and put the hooks on the TV somehow. Then I could just "hang" the TV in the bedroom, hook and unhook as necessary. I even thought about hooking a bracket over the bath wall and putting one end of the bracket on this hook (I'd probably have to make this out of some aluminum stock).

Another alternative is to use a commercial bracket with some kind of an arm where the arm slides on and off. This would mount on the outside wall only. I haven't found a really flush one (1/4 to 3/8). The thinnest one was 3/4.

I considered the stock shelf that TM sells but I'd like the TV to tilt downward a little and this would be difficult with the shelf. Plus then I'd have yet another thing I have to deal with at setup and takedown. It is an option if I can't figure anything else out that's better.

Any help/advise and/or council would be appreciated.

Phil
2016 KZ Spree Connect C250BHS
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote