TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
tarudy

Default furnace won't start

Hi,
I have 2013 2922KB and I am having trouble starting the furnace. It started last February when I bought it, but I haven't had any need to use it since then. There's a good chance that I just don't know what I am doing. I just tested the propane burners on the cook top and all 3 light up right away so I know I have propane. I am going to go check the fuse next... Any other ideas?
Thanks...
Old 12-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Not familiar with your trailer - too new for me - but assuming it has the same furnace as the older ones, when you turn up the thermostat to a temp 10 degrees above room temp, the fan in the furnace (noisy) should immediately start. Not just a wimpy ho-hum blow, but a real noisy circulating fan. Does it do this? If no blower at all, the furnace fuse needs to be checked. If blower runs, but is wimpy, something is wrong inside the furnace, and one of the safety switches is preventing lighting. If the blower runs solidly and you can feel an air stream coming out the front of the furnace, then all is well so far.

I think there is a gas valve inside the furnace - grab your manual, take a look, and be sure it is on. But if it ran last year, there is no reason why it should be off now.

If the gas valve is on, and the blower starts and runs solidly, I think you can hear the spark lighter clicking away. The flame should light with a subdued roar, and you should feel hot air out the front almost immediately.

So where do we stand in this process?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #3
tarudy

Oooops, never mind, operator error, of course. Works just fine. You have to turn the thermostat all the way to off first before trying to start it....

Sheepish :>)
Old 12-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #4
tarudy

Bill you're the greatest! Thanks for responding so quickly. I really appreciate it. trudy
Old 12-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #5
moaboy

Another Gold Star for our Moderator!