TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-30-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
randyf

Default Toliet Operation??

I just bought a used 2619 Trailmanor and I'm not sure about operating the Thetford toliet.

Is there a link to a manual available?

When I add water to it, do I add till the gauge shows full charged or do you just add a few gallons?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

If your trailer didn't come with a manual (it should have), you can get one from the Thetford web site. You can also get one from Bryant RV, a surprisingly good source of manuals.

First, I would suggest that you get familiar with the Technical Library on this site. The Library is also called TM Info You Won't Find Anywhere Else (hate that name!). In particular, read the Thetford Toilet tutorial.

Starting with an empty toilet, the nominal operation is to pour in a full 8 oz bottle of blue stuff (I use the original Thetford Campa-Chem with formaldehyde - it works well), then add water using the shower head until the needle comes up to the Charge mark. At that point, it should flush normally, meaning vigorously.

If you are boondocking and need to conserve both fresh water and black water capacity, there are a few tricks that you can read about here on the board. But let's get you started with the basics first.

By the way, people will argue about formaldehyde. But I can't find any solid evidence that it is a problem (as long as you don't drink it or inhale it), and most of the "stinky toilet" problems we encounter here on the board seem to come from people who use a "green" formulation. So again, I would suggest that you get started with the basics, and then experiment later if you want to.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
rumbleweed

As you begin enjoying your TM, you will find that people on this forum ( like Bill) are your best source of information about the operation, issues or mods of your TM. After the initial trial period, you will have limited access to the meat of the web site unless you become a member. It will end up being the best $12 you ever spent. See the posts at the bottom of the forum ( Link Below) for details. Odds are anything you need or want to do to your TM has been done several ways before and members here will be more than happy to help you get the most out of your purchase.

Link to Membership: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=1064
Old 10-01-2011, 01:10 AM   #4
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

You have been given good advice but if you have trouble I took the time to obtain every digital manual I could for my 2008 a while back which is around 200 mb I believe.

Im not here daily due to being busy with business & our boat but if you need any of what I have just let me know here or PM me if you can (not sure if you can PM from trial member acct)

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote