TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
trisht

Default Loooong distance camping -- Lessons Learned?

We are long time tent campers, brand new TM owners and are starting out on a seven week tour of the western states and National Parks. We've spent the last two months devouring all the wisdom on this site, but I still find myself with one nagging question for all of you super experienced campers out there...

a) what is the one thing you wished you knew, would have brought, etc before taking a long distance trip like this?

b) we're leaving on Father's Day and my husband is (IMHO) the world's best father. what is a nifty camping-themed gift my kids could give him (under about $200 -- I'd love to buy the solar panels but...) I'm thinking about a cordless drill since we'll be moving every 3-4 days but would love feedback from the group.

Thanks to you all, your shared wisdom has moved us far along the learning curve.

Trish