TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-30-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
KHerfurt

Default TrailManor cover

I am about to purchase a 3326. I live in the mountains of Colorado. I have searched the forum and have not found anything about a cover to store the TrailManor outside to protect from the sun and elements. Does anyone have any idea where a cover can be purchased or do I have to have one custom made?
Thanks,
Kim
KHerfurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I went to a tarp company in Denver, and got two ripstop plastic covers. They were thicker than what I had found a WalMart, but they cost more, also. I used the gromets in the edges, and tied them together, to make one large tarp. Tied them down with 3/16" nylon rope. So far, they have lasted 2 years. I figure they will have to be replaced at the end of the summer. I think I spent a total of about $50 for them.

Compare that to the cost of some covers that cost $300 or more. Some people say they last 5 years, or so. I would rather buy two sets of plastic tarps for $100 - $120 over 5 years, than over $300. Just my choice.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
fourteener

Kim,

You may want to try broadening your search to words like 'cover', 'ADCO', or 'Sunbrella', as there are a ton of threads on this subject out there.

Also here's a link to a few:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ighlight=cover

Hope this helps, also, I believe part of your problem is that you haven't become a site sponsor, trust me this will be the best $ spent, and it opens a lot of searchable content up that isn't currently available to you. Speaking from first-hand experience, this group of TM'rs are the most helpful group of people you will ever find.
2008 Toyota 4Runner
Upgrades - Lift Kit with 15" Tires/Rims/Spare & Rack,
Mud Flaps, Blue Tote Caddy, WDH Bar Holders,
Custom Outside/Chassis-mounted Tool Box,
Stove Cover, Bathroom Tension Self,
Outside Speakers, Fresh H2O Deck Plate,
100 Watt Portable Solar Panel, Shower Mod,
Over-wall TV mount - - (The fun never ends :-)
fourteener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
FujiPedaler

Living in Minnesota, we doo get some snow each winter. Used tarps one year but had to go up to our storage yard to take the snow off several times.

This year Sept, I decided to try a portable carport cover and the first snow fall was about 9 inches of heavy wet snow that collapsed and broke the poles and then froze. So it was really hard and uncomfortable to get the snow off so I decided to purchase a "Versatube Car Port" with two inch square tubes and metal top and is screwed on to the nine ribs and rated at 58 lbs. per sq. foot load.

It is 27 feet long, 12 feet wide and 7 feet high at the sides and cost about $1400 from Menards (like Home Depot only nicer up here in the Midwest). It has been a nice challenge to put it up in the snow and cold since the last three weeks have had many days with below 0 highs but it is about 3/4 covered at this point and with todays temps approaching 20 degrees, we may be able to complete the process.

It really does cover our 2236 King very nicely.

You can see 100's of variations at their web site.
WDH, Rear receiver for bikes,
Hual-a-vator for Kayaks
Norman & Elizabeth
FujiPedaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #5
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

My ADCO cover lasted about 3 years and cost $150, so I decided to do that again. My current cover is 2 tarps from Costco laced together in the middle and tied down to the TM around the edges. This cost $20, and I'm going to get 3 years out of it and maybe more.
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:13 AM   #6
bigjoe

What size tarp are you guys using?
Old 08-08-2015, 09:30 AM   #7
Padgett
TrailManor Master

I have one of these as the main cover and a smaller camoflage cover over the front (Homeowners rules say "not visible from street). The second one is lighter and had to replace after a year. The silver one is still strong. I also used bungee cords to hold it down.

So about $40 initally and $6 after a year.

Of course I have a lot of natural cover here. Back yard is about 10' above and 120' away from the sidewalk/street.

ps the mart at the wal has an 80' 16ga outdoor extension cord for the float charger under the rear bumper cover for under $20. This way I can keep the 10ga cord out of the sun when not using the AC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ingrotto15.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	12053  
Old 08-08-2015, 12:30 PM   #8
bigjoe

Thanks
Old 09-16-2015, 09:32 AM   #9
klpauba

Although I've never seen them and don't know what they might cost, Ben at Prosser Premium RV Outlet (a Trailmanor parts dealer listed on Trailmanor's web site) mentioned that he sells custom-fitted four-season covers specifically made for each Trailmanor model.

He mentioned this to me when I ordered a couple of replacement parts for my 2005 2720SL yesterday.

His number is 262.822.0838 -- and let him know you're a trailmanor owners forum member (thinking he might start giving us discounts).

I have no affiliation with Ben or the company he works for.
TM: 2005 2720SL -- lift kit, 15" Maxxis, LEDs, Husky ejack, GenPro soft start, 2300W gen, "H-Bridge", 1.44 cf Edgestar frig/freezer, 2xGC2, 1KW Inverter w/auto xfer switch, Trimetric Batt Monitor, 300W Solar (1 glass & 2 flex panels), EP Solar MPPT, Thetford Curve
TV: 2021 F-150 PowerBoost XLT Hybrid -- 7.2 kW Onboard Generator Option
Previous TV: 2012 Traverse -- "Stockton" 24V Boost Device

Map of where we've camped in our TM:
http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/IAMNMONEsm.jpg
klpauba is offline   Reply With Quote